New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

2.5

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

The recruiter was really nice. Not too many questions that you should answer. In the first interview, they just introduced the company and asked you to complete an assessment online.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at New York Life in January 2013.

Extensive interview process 3 meetings so that you understand fully what you are going to be doing and how you will achieve success, you must also get licensed. I recommend you find a managing partner you enjoy working for it makes the best out of the experience.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions asked, just fully read everything and if you have questions ask.   Answer Question
    Nothing is really negotiable.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in May 2014.

It feels like they are trying to sell the position to me and makes me believe that there are a lot of potentials to make a lot of money.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

I went on two interviews with NY Life. I believe they found my resume on Career builder, as they were 1 of about 15 insurance companies to contact me. I liked the people that I met with, thought they were all very nice and personable.
    They make it very clear that there is potential to make a lot of money if you work with them.

I definitely felt I was being "sold", rather than being interviewed. I did my homework on the company, but I didn't feel that they did their homework on me.

I was told in my first interview that I had been flagged for a management position. I found out later that the management opportunity wouldn't come for several years.

The position is 100% commission. They will try and skirt any questions about compensation until the 3rd interview.

If this sort of position is your bag. Then go for it. Not for me though.

Interview Questions
    • I was not really asked any traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

The interview process was very different. It started with a personality test that you must pass in order to get a second interview. Next, questions needed to be answered on a computer, and you typed them out rather then speaking face to face. Then after you answered the questions you would talk about your answers in person.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a bad decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview was pretty painless. I spoke with a Managing Partner and he gave me details of the company and what the potential income i could earn as an agent.

Interview Questions
    • New York Life checks everything on your resume and also your background as well as your credit. If anything pops up you will have to fix before you get an offer   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in December 2012.

Met at job fair, was called to schedule interview couple days later. Recruiter seemed desperate to hire. Did interviews. Husband/wife team, appeared glamorous and kind as if your best interest was paramount to them. Had second interview with managing partner who broke down compensation some. Not forthright with how one is paid

None except school schedule

Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in February 2013.

Giving the idea of having a great opportunity at a fortune 100 company, being a sales position the reward may be very beneficial or not. Many people are hired and more people quit, Classes of new agents come every month and teach you about financial products and services. Not many people will be turned away from this position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle full commission and be rejected from thousands of people day in and day out?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Referred by current employee, introduced to hiring manager

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at New York Life.

Went on interview, pretty standard. Had me fill out some qualifiers online, then talked in person

Took a different offer

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!