New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life in April 2015.

Interview

Interview could take up to 6 face-to-face interviews if you're unlucky, less if you're good at interviewing. I recommend being aggressive with your answers, personality, and follow up. The interview process involves summation of the job description and how you will be compensated. You will be prompted to ask questions about anything that is told to you. Asking questions is strongly advised. Buyer Beware: ask how long it will be until you are compensated; what the stipulations of getting compensated are; who/ what/ and when you can trigger your full time contract.

Interview Questions

• What is something we don't yet know about you that could change our views of you in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Fairport, NY).

Interview

This is a three part interview process. I have only completed the first step which was a 1/2 hour "interview" where they tell you about the job. At the end of it I had to take a personality test (which I think is available on their website) to see if I had similar answers to their top performers. If I pass that part I will be invited back for the second, longer, interview that focuses on compensation & benefits. I am not sure what the third would involve.

Interview Questions

• Briefly asked about me. Mostly talked about the company and the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview to begin. My interviewer asked me strange questions about my family history and my family's household income. I didn't appreciate that too much at all and thought it was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job and aren't you doing that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Dimas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talk with a partner (manager). The conversation goes into the history of New York LIfe and its strengths. Some background information is shared by the partner and his/her history with the company. From there, they will being to ask you few behavioral questions to see if this job is suited for you.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It seemed like Everything that was done is for the purpose of getting more contacts. 2 hour interview where the hiring manager refused to tell us Salary and benefits until the next interview...could grow old before I found out the important details. They wanted references + 3 others people's information (I think so they could pitch the job to more people).

Interview Questions

Because the hiring manager kept stressing how much money ($170,000) we would make it made me think that it was going to be not even near that amount. Something didn't feel right.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. We introduced ourselves. He indirectly asked our background. The recruiter introduced himself and gave a sales pitch for a job position I didn't apply for. It was interesting. I wasn't quite sure if I was a prospective employee or client.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I met with the interviewer and we discussed her background, my background, and how the company helps its agents succeed. We also briefly talked about how the compensation works but there is another meeting for that that occurs a week or so after the initial interview. Finally I was taken to another office to fill out a basic application that took about 10 minutes.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a new york life insurance recruiter within 4 days. The interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview took about an hour. After that they asked me to take a personality test.