New York Life

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY
Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life in January 2012.

was reached through my resume posted on careerbuilder.com. was asked to come in. reaced office. waited in lobby. met with interviewee. seemed to talk about her ex-bf too much. asked questions about myself, went over resume. asked details.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in January 2012.

It was a one-on-one meeting followed by a personality test. The meeting is more like a sales pitch and they're vague about what ,if any, salary is offered. The questions were mainly personality based to determine whether you are determined and have the drive necessary to succeed.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

Typical experience... I was interviewing during my last semester of college. Met my manager at a job fair. Had about 3 interviews and then several meetings afterwards for paperwork etc...

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life in January 2011.

The hiring process is long. Three interviews then meeting the staff then training. All before you get hired. The interviewer makes you feel like they are picky but there not. The more theyh have under them the better. The make you feel like the interview process is them choosing you but reaally you are choosing them

Interview Questions

I decided the industry was not for me. If i would have stayed in insurance i would have chose New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in September 2010.

Received a blast email which at the time I believed was a personal one as it referenced that they had seen my resume on a job site. They interview and "hire" 100 people a week. No salary just a commission and a lot of fluff about the great opportunity. The reality is it is a come one, come all, cattle call and everyone qualifies. It comes down to being given a phone and told to dial friends and family and sell them on insurance. Don't expect to last more than a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, they don't ask anything, they just sell you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

We were sat down in a room and told to explain why we wanted this job. They explained to us the steps of the hiring process and basic benefits of the job. I did see a drawback immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you have shown initiative in a previous sales position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think your personality is suited for this job field?   Answer Question

I did not accept this position but there was no salary involved it was all commission. I believe that is a scam and I would rather not be forced to do a all commission based job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in January 2010.

10 Years Background Check and Fingerprints Check.
    It is necessary to hear to a week course of lectures. To buy the book - $100.00. Then it is necessary to hand over 2 computer examinations at office. After that you suppose to examination on Manhattan. To hand over it it is possible some time. Each examination - $50.00

Interview Questions
    Not to trust their promises

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in August 2009.

Interviewer asked routine questions about my history, schooling, activities, etc. Then proceeded to give me a history and reasons to consider working for the number one insurance and financial service in the industry. The partner that interviewed me was very pleasant and enjoyable. They seemed very enthusiastic about their job and was very ambitious to add to his team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a normal day of Sales and your route.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel like you could contribute to New York Life? Why should we consider you?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2009.

I'm not exactly sure what their goal of the interview is. They tell you that they are doing a "screening process"
    to see if the career is a good fit for you. Somehow it seems to me like they are just trying to get free hot leads. I'm not sure exactly what their recruiting structure is. They seem to withhold information for some time before they allow you access to it. Predominantly the commission information. Strange process.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions where asked, if any.   View Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

This consisted of three interviews a long way away, one interview with the local office and extensive screening online. One thing about the interviews, they're more like presentations to you. They don't ask very much about you or your history. It's all about explaining the company and what you're expected to do.