New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

It is a long interview process (about different interviews). I am scheduled for a second interview with a sr partner. First interview lasted almost two hours and it was with a former sales agent that decided to go into management. So far both interviews have gone well, people are very pleasant and it seems that they want to make sure that you are fully aware of the cons and pros of becoming a financial service consultant (sales person)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievment. Interview questions are traditional (non behavioral interview questions).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (Charlotte, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

There is a three step interview process. First, telephone interview then face-to-face. I was told they would select only about five people out of the 100 or so they were interviewing to move on to step three which was a more in-depth overview of the company and compensation options.

Interview Questions

• What are three most important traits of a good salesperson?   Answer Question

Commission only position

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Rye, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

was reached through my resume posted on careerbuilder.com. was asked to come in. reaced office. waited in lobby. met with interviewee. seemed to talk about her ex-bf too much. asked questions about myself, went over resume. asked details.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a one-on-one meeting followed by a personality test. The meeting is more like a sales pitch and they're vague about what ,if any, salary is offered. The questions were mainly personality based to determine whether you are determined and have the drive necessary to succeed.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

Interview

Typical experience... I was interviewing during my last semester of college. Met my manager at a job fair. Had about 3 interviews and then several meetings afterwards for paperwork etc...

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life (Pembroke Pines, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is long. Three interviews then meeting the staff then training. All before you get hired. The interviewer makes you feel like they are picky but there not. The more theyh have under them the better. The make you feel like the interview process is them choosing you but reaally you are choosing them

Interview Questions

• What do you like about insurance?   1 Answer

I decided the industry was not for me. If i would have stayed in insurance i would have chose New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Received a blast email which at the time I believed was a personal one as it referenced that they had seen my resume on a job site. They interview and "hire" 100 people a week. No salary just a commission and a lot of fluff about the great opportunity. The reality is it is a come one, come all, cattle call and everyone qualifies. It comes down to being given a phone and told to dial friends and family and sell them on insurance. Don't expect to last more than a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions, they don't ask anything, they just sell you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

We were sat down in a room and told to explain why we wanted this job. They explained to us the steps of the hiring process and basic benefits of the job. I did see a drawback immediately.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you have shown initiative in a previous sales position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think your personality is suited for this job field?   Answer Question

I did not accept this position but there was no salary involved it was all commission. I believe that is a scam and I would rather not be forced to do a all commission based job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

10 Years Background Check and Fingerprints Check. It is necessary to hear to a week course of lectures. To buy the book - $100.00. Then it is necessary to hand over 2 computer examinations at office. After that you suppose to examination on Manhattan. To hand over it it is possible some time. Each examination - $50.00

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to trust their promises

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewer asked routine questions about my history, schooling, activities, etc. Then proceeded to give me a history and reasons to consider working for the number one insurance and financial service in the industry. The partner that interviewed me was very pleasant and enjoyable. They seemed very enthusiastic about their job and was very ambitious to add to his team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a normal day of Sales and your route.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel like you could contribute to New York Life? Why should we consider you?   Answer Question