New York Life Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

The first step if I remember correctly is a phone interview. Secondly, there is a one on one interview with the managing partner. The questions are pretty generic such as where have you previously worked, why do you want to intern at New York Life, what is your favorite class and why...etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Got a phone interview, did not get the offer, was asked pretty difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• had to explain very technical stuff   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Met NYL recruiters at a university career fair and applied for position online. Received phone call from recruiter to schedule a first round phone interview with HR. Second round interview was also conducted on the phone, this time with the hiring manager. Overall, questions were general and easy: "Why New York Life?" "What do you hope to get out of this internship?"

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter for first round of screening. Second interview over the phone with potential manager and mentor in a department that the company chooses. If that department if not what you are looking for, the whole process is repeated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interns make $18 per hour

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly simple. Met and discussed with a licensed agent as well as a partner of the company. In total there were three interviews. All of the interviews/meetings lasted no longer then thirty minutes. Interviews were in a relaxed environment. I was nervous going into it but felt comfortable once things got started.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively general. How to deal with rejection, what are your world concerns, your greatest skill to attribute to the company. They threw a curve ball by asking what my favorite animal was and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly strung out. Not completely clear as to what compensation would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

4 interviews, they require two projects to be done: Project 200 and completion of 30 surveys. You must also pass the Life and Health exam before being hired.

Interview Questions

• If you were to intern here, what is your biggest concern?   Answer Question

Didn't have enough time to study for the exam

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up the initial interview and did the interview the next day. She then set up another interview with the manager I would be working for at the end of that call. The manager called the next day and did the second interview. Both interviews went very well. The first interviewer asked behavioral questions and technical questions about the position. The Manager interview went well, but he didn't seem to be very prepared. It was really just a conversation, not really an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was an internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email by HR to set up a preliminary behavioral interview. During this interview, I got to specify what areas I was interested in. Went on to have a second/final-round interview with the CVP that would become my manager. Was more like an informational interview with my manager than a behavioral/resume interview for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.