New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I was referred by a co-worker and interviewed with a manager, low key, very friendly and open. The entire process was only about 2 weeks. They provide mandatory classes and continuing ed training every week. The management is top-notch and this is the most successful office in the country. The senior managers are the highest caliber executives I ever had the pleasure of working for. Can't say enough good about them!

Interview Questions

• What is your networking capability? This is pretty critical to your success.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Typical interview questions to get to know me. It was a pretty laid back interview, very conversational. The recruiter then pitched their "this is where you could be and how much you could be making speech."

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe? Tell me about your experiences with Excel   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Fairport, NY).

Interview

This is a three part interview process. I have only completed the first step which was a 1/2 hour "interview" where they tell you about the job. At the end of it I had to take a personality test (which I think is available on their website) to see if I had similar answers to their top performers. If I pass that part I will be invited back for the second, longer, interview that focuses on compensation & benefits. I am not sure what the third would involve.

Interview Questions

• Briefly asked about me. Mostly talked about the company and the process.   Answer Question

Interview

The first interview is very simple and is a way for the company to get to know you as well as for you to learn more about the company. They will ask you why you are applying for the job and what you are looking for with New York Life. The first interview will give you a very broad overview of New York Life, positions at the company and the work you will be doing. It was more of a conversation to assess if New York Life would be a good fit for you. At the end, there was a quiz to understand your personality and network.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Farmingdale, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Rushed. Never got a chance to ask questions before I was thrown into a group meeting where they pitched the company. Going for follow up interview, which I plan to decline because it's probably not for me. However, I want to do some digging with the interviewer to see if he can back up some of the claims he made in his presentation.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Syosset, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email, I responded, going on 1 week I haven't met with the director when I finally arrive, there was an emergency. Met with another associate took an assessment review and was given some material to check out and asked to contact recruiter to reschedule for the next day or so. Not sure if I want to go forward because I believe this is a commission based job and I need a sure thing not a wish and a pray with a struggle going forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed, what company did you work for, have you sold anything....sales job obviously.   Answer Question

Traditional Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best I have ever experienced! Very laid back and not tense at all. The questions were fresh and unique. The interviewer kept me on my toes but also made me feel very comfortable. There was a post interview done by another manager just for thoroughness.

Interview Questions

• What was something that your former employer did in the workplace that you would disagree with?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

They spent a lot of time getting to know me- Very informative and upfront A little dragged out- 4 interviews/meetings before getting licensed Licensing and contracting took a long time as well - not necessarily their fault but still time consuming. Needed a lot of information

Interview Questions

• Asked about my future plans- if management was on my career path   Answer Question