New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

By far the best interview I've had so far, mainly because it didn't feel like an interview, it was more like a casual conversation with a friend.
    Everything became clear after the first conversation and I left with no doubt regarding the job applied for.
    Not frightening at all, very friendly

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

First interview was just a get to know you and very relaxed with a personality test before I left. Second interview was a little more about the job and telling you what the job entails. Third interview was how the pay works and how you generate names and people for you to call on. They tell you no cold calling, but once you are done with your own friends and family list that's what the job would consist of. Very good people there though.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know in the area or that you could call on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it is full commission and I did not accept the offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was merely a compatibility assessment by the Partner. He was asking about my experiences and why would I want to work in this industry. Discussion was based around the job process and training, and concerns and questions that I had about the company and the industry. Information was limited, "we'll discuss that if the process continues". Invited from that meeting to second phase, to discuss further marketing and compensation for an agent. The third step was to meet a managing partner in another city. Still in the process, and waiting to hear from recruiter. Idid not get an offer or decline at this posting.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professionally run interview. Everybody was extremely pleasant. Interview took about 1/2 hour and was 1 on 1 with the partner that initially contacted me about coming to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 words your best friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a 30 minute assessment test on a provided computer which required an internet connection. Followed by a person to person interview with the Recruiter, who was very pleasant and only asked very few and basic questions. It was not a very thorough interview at all. Also you have to make sure you bring proper id just to be admitted into the high rise building located near Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

The job description was very vague, and the follow up requirements were never communicated to me. This an awful way to start a job. How can you expect the employee to be excited if they are constantly left in the dark and confused.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Three interviews that last over an hour. A lot of prying into my personal life which I felt was borderline inappropriate. The interviewer was nice but I felt that he was telling me what I wanted to hear. He did mention that I would be required to try to sell to friends and family.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied via career section, was called in a week later, easy process, behavioral and analytic oriented interview. pretty easy interview. could have been a quicker call in. interviewer might have been having a bad day, seemed like it

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, one analytical questions about cash flows premium   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

The first interview was a basic tell me about yourself, elevator pitch type interview. The second was more what the job would require, and they had me do a basic skills assessment. The third was what steps we needed to take to get started, as far as tests and stuff.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that hard. Basic, "why would you be good at this job type?" type questions.   Answer Question