New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe? Tell me about your experiences with Excel   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Fairport, NY).

Interview

This is a three part interview process. I have only completed the first step which was a 1/2 hour "interview" where they tell you about the job. At the end of it I had to take a personality test (which I think is available on their website) to see if I had similar answers to their top performers. If I pass that part I will be invited back for the second, longer, interview that focuses on compensation & benefits. I am not sure what the third would involve.

Interview Questions

• Briefly asked about me. Mostly talked about the company and the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Syosset, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email, I responded, going on 1 week I haven't met with the director when I finally arrive, there was an emergency. Met with another associate took an assessment review and was given some material to check out and asked to contact recruiter to reschedule for the next day or so. Not sure if I want to go forward because I believe this is a commission based job and I need a sure thing not a wish and a pray with a struggle going forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed, what company did you work for, have you sold anything....sales job obviously.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I met with the interviewer and we discussed her background, my background, and how the company helps its agents succeed. We also briefly talked about how the compensation works but there is another meeting for that that occurs a week or so after the initial interview. Finally I was taken to another office to fill out a basic application that took about 10 minutes.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Insurance and Financial Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was merely a compatibility assessment by the Partner. He was asking about my experiences and why would I want to work in this industry. Discussion was based around the job process and training, and concerns and questions that I had about the company and the industry. Information was limited, "we'll discuss that if the process continues". Invited from that meeting to second phase, to discuss further marketing and compensation for an agent. The third step was to meet a managing partner in another city. Still in the process, and waiting to hear from recruiter. Idid not get an offer or decline at this posting.

Insurance Sales Agent - (Did Not Apply - They Recruited) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Berwyn, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was enlightening and motivating. Interviewer explained why I am not being hired at this time. He also took the the time to go through resume and show where I should highlight for future job application. Interviewer also suggest other options.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied via career section, was called in a week later, easy process, behavioral and analytic oriented interview. pretty easy interview. could have been a quicker call in. interviewer might have been having a bad day, seemed like it

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, one analytical questions about cash flows premium   Answer Question