New York Life

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.4

Financial Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

The people were awesome that I met. I had to do a lot of work for the second interview and fill out a booklet and basically spend hours writing about my future plans. The second interview consisted of a panel of 3 people shooting questions about my sales personality. I was asked if I knew a lot of people in the area.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

It was long..... We met almost a dozen times. They do a credit check, a background check, and there are mounds of paperwork. Yet you want it, because it's worth it. The office is beautiful. The people in the office are professions and friendly, and it's a great opportunity. It's definitely not an easy job to get. They want to make quadruple sure that you're the real thing. Still go for it. It IS worth it.

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you want it?" I know it doesn't seem like a hard question. You could say anything. But they want specifics. They want to know how much you need to make a living, and what desire you have and whether you're willing to work hard for it. It's definitely a loaded question.   View Answer
    None.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a book you read lately and how it changed the way you view the world   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

I had 4 interviews but every day is kind of like an interview. They expect you to hit your projections every week.

Interview Questions
    • What were my motivation for working for New York Life.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in April 2013.

long interview process, very detailed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life in July 2012.

The interview took about 4 visits but I was determined to get tired anywhere

Interview Questions
    • The agonizing long hours put into the interview can be annoying   Answer Question
    If you would like to strive to make 6 figures, then be patience with the interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life.

There is a long hiring process - you have to do tests to see if you can work independently, are self motivated, can do basis math, and are adept for a career in sales. There is also a background check and credit check. If you can't pass the background or credit check, you will not get past this part. I think about 90% of folks don't make it past the 1st interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life in September 2012.

3 interviews: Introduction, Compensation, Contract

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, pay is commission +bonus