New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

It was long..... We met almost a dozen times. They do a credit check, a background check, and there are mounds of paperwork. Yet you want it, because it's worth it. The office is beautiful. The people in the office are professions and friendly, and it's a great opportunity. It's definitely not an easy job to get. They want to make quadruple sure that you're the real thing. Still go for it. It IS worth it.

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you want it?" I know it doesn't seem like a hard question. You could say anything. But they want specifics. They want to know how much you need to make a living, and what desire you have and whether you're willing to work hard for it. It's definitely a loaded question.   View Answer
    None.

Financial Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

The people were awesome that I met. I had to do a lot of work for the second interview and fill out a booklet and basically spend hours writing about my future plans. The second interview consisted of a panel of 3 people shooting questions about my sales personality. I was asked if I knew a lot of people in the area.

Financial Service Professional Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

I was contacted by one of the Senior Partners at New York Life after I submitted my resume to my school's career development service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that you regret of doing or something you would done differently in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

I had 4 interviews but every day is kind of like an interview. They expect you to hit your projections every week.

Interview Questions
    • What were my motivation for working for New York Life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

great process and very thorough

long process but worth it, 4 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

An extended process, with at least 6-8 meetings with management. You are expected to wear formal business attire, be punctual, be prepared, First meeting is group meeting, then one on one meetings are held. A formal background check is required. You initial contract offered will be a temporary contract, with a minimum sales quota is required. If this is not met within 6 months, then you will not be offered a formal contract.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to take a test that measured personality   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2008.

Phone call from HR to set up personality & skills test. Then did one on one interview with direct manager, then second interview with other manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle another co-worker who accused you of being unprofessional?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process; 100% commission

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at New York Life in April 2012.

Hiring took forever as they kept saying that the approval process takes a while. I have worked in the financial field with other companies and they did not have a problem with getting me in and going right away. Partners are disingenuous with you to try to make It seem like you are fine

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at New York Life.

There is a long hiring process - you have to do tests to see if you can work independently, are self motivated, can do basis math, and are adept for a career in sales. There is also a background check and credit check. If you can't pass the background or credit check, you will not get past this part. I think about 90% of folks don't make it past the 1st interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

Applied through college career center, got a call back within 1 week to set up an interview. I find out on arrival that it is a group interview and am kept waiting 45 mins. Guy struts in with slicked back hair and shirt half unbottoned. Real boiler room type guy. He was rude and short with everyone. Dismissed me not long after, thank god.

Interview Questions
    • If you read the top section about the hiring and interview process then this will make sense: why do you want to work here was the most difficult questions (and the same time the easiest questions). I didnt want to work there but was too embarrassed to say so, so I fumbled through it talking about starting a career and making money to provide for my family.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!