New York Life

Getting the Interview

332 candidate interviews

Actuary Intern Interview

Interviewed at New York Life

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted a few days later for phone interview in Jan 2014. Interview was basically a resume walkthrough with very minimal behavior questions. Received notification 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What was your hardest project on excel?
Give an example of when you were a leader.
  Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Interviewed at New York Life

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with one manager and talked about basic personal aspirations and the details of their training program. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and scheduled for a second interview within a week. They responded quickly and were very professional.

Interview Question – Asked about my interpersonal skills.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Interviewed at New York Life

Interview Details – basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Interview Question – have to come up more questions to ask him   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone interview.

Interview Question – Why New York Life?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – Received an email to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Basic Behavioral Questions followed by tell me about an excel project you have done.

Interview Question – What are some things that could put an insurance company out of business   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview, did not get the offer, was asked pretty difficult questions.

Interview Question – had to explain very technical stuff   View Answer

Interviewed at New York Life

Interview Details – I only got to the phone interview. Interviewer was very nice and professional. For the first part you are totally in control, as they ask you to "tell me about yourself" and you should prepare good things to say. Then he asks typical interview questions, with emphasis on insurance related topics. Then you ask questions, so make sure to prepare some good questions to ask as well.

Interview Question – Something to the effect of - What natural or political occurrence could jeopardize a life insurance company's solvency?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

Interviewed at New York Life

Interview Details – Many questions and test to see if you fit corporate culture. The final grade is a traffic light, green, yellow, red.

Interview Question – "I am going to interview 200 to 250 people this year and maybe hire 11-15 of them, why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview that led to a superday in New York

Interview Question – No surprises, just a lot of typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – First phone interview was basic and lasted about 30 minutes. No difficult questions, mainly behavioral. Second phone interview was more technical and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills and failed.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Life

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life interview questions and advice. All 332 interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees and interview candidates.