New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (Lakewood, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

I had my interview on a Friday, I arrived 15 minutes early to the interview and then had to wait an extra 15 minutes until they were ready for me. It was really weird how the upstairs was set up, and if your not a resourceful person, you can get confused just finding where you are suppose to go. The interviewing process was extremely long it took me approximately 4 hours! I interviewed with the first person and I guess that I passed because then I waited in the room for 15 minutes and a 2nd person came in and interviewed me. Then a 3rd person came in and gave me a personality test, which took like an hour. Then they told me there were two positions they could use me for and they described them both to me and asked which I preferred. I thought it was really odd and they put a lot of pressure on me for the answer. I'm not sure I even fully understood the difference between the two positions and honestly I felt as though I was perfectly capable of doing both. I just stuck with the original position that I had come in to interview for.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment in my personal life and why?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

Interview

3 meeting process with an hour long and lead you thru different stage in hire process from company stand point to understanding benefits and toill compesation, simple clear.
    No pressure or empty promisses to make 100k within a first year and there was no lies like with other insurance company interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, waited almost two weeks, had frankly given up. Received an email response then a call to attend group orientation/interview. Average questions and typical process, lots of paper work and forms.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed by a lady I think she was the HR lady. Then they wanted me to go in for a second interview with someone else which was pretty laid back and they also showed the compensation plans etc...

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first time I went to New York Life was for a group presentation where the Senior Partner talked about the careers at New York Life .I then had to complete a brief questionnaire/personality test to determine if this was an opportunity for which I might be suited. After completed it, I got a call to set up a one-one interview. The interview was a one on one with the Senior Partner where he went over the benefits of working at New York Life, explanations of how life insurance works and asked me classic interview-type questions.

New Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager, with whom I had interviewed the previous year for a different management position. The hiring manager remembered meeting with me the previous year, so I took this as a good sign that I made a positive impression on him. The interview was pretty basic, with most questions about my management style and previous management experience. The interviewer was pretty much stone faced during the entire interview and did not offer much feed back to my answers. Towards the end of the interview I asked if he had any additional questions or concerns about my ability to do the job. His response was that he had no doubt I could do the job based on my past experience. (I previously did the exact same job at another company.) I never heard a word back from anyone in the company after this interview. Not even an email letting me know that I was not selected to move forward in the process. This is the same exact thing that happened to me when I interviewed the previous year.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

By far the best interview I've had so far, mainly because it didn't feel like an interview, it was more like a casual conversation with a friend.
    Everything became clear after the first conversation and I left with no doubt regarding the job applied for.
    Not frightening at all, very friendly

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

took me 5 interviews to get hired. I had to meet everyone in upper management before i got the job. Furthermore, i had to pass the Life and Health exam before i even started there.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in September 2011.

Interview

3 interviews plus online personality test "pop test/exam." The test is more to evaluate your ethics/integrity.

First interview is more to get to know you, inform you about the "career" and "awesome opportunities."

Take the online assembly. If you pass, you're invited back for another interview.
    They recruit you more intently. Advocate that you can "make $100k your first year." They run down "how you're paid." ASK questions!

Don't drink the KoolAid. There is NO Base Pay. You must and should have second source of income (to cover ALL living expenses for at least two years).

Then a third interview to apply for an insurance license/sign your "TAS" contract.

Make no mistake about it (the financial services industry/New York Life) is a swim or sink trying "career opportunity."

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professionally run interview. Everybody was extremely pleasant. Interview took about 1/2 hour and was 1 on 1 with the partner that initially contacted me about coming to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 words your best friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question