New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

You would meet 2-3 times depending on how interested they are in you. The first meeting is to get to know you and if you would like to move forward then it entails going over their process and salary. There's also a personality test for you to take so see if you're fit for the position.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Farmingdale, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Rushed. Never got a chance to ask questions before I was thrown into a group meeting where they pitched the company. Going for follow up interview, which I plan to decline because it's probably not for me. However, I want to do some digging with the interviewer to see if he can back up some of the claims he made in his presentation.

Telemarketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in June 2015.

Interview

Hired through local Contractor, Contacted by phone and walked through process. Meet and greet with Contractor in person, Q&A and preparation for interview with recruiter. Interview with NYL Recruiter, Simple Questions, met at contractors office. 2nd Interview with Manager at NYL, More thorough interview, asked about background, intentions, aspirations, expectations. Very easy interview as long as you answer honestly and are confident.

Interview Questions

• Typical Questions, Describe a difficult experience with a customer and how you overcame it. Describe a Challenge you were presented with and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe? Tell me about your experiences with Excel   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at my university. This review was more about convincing me that I should work for them than it was about me talking about why I am qualified. I was told the interview will be about 20 minutes and I spent almost an hour with the interviewer. Additionally, once he called the week after the interview, I shared with him that unfortunately, the job would not work for me. A job description was not given and once I looked over the packet I was given at the interview, it looked like the job was a sales job while I was looking for something completely different. He was pretty rude to me after that.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

very straight forward interview with managing partner he described the offices needs and how markets were changing due to demographics he described the job which included calling on candidates from online resume sites, attending job fairs, testing candidates and doing initial screens.

Interview Questions

• listing sales experience and learning about office's goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Syosset, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email, I responded, going on 1 week I haven't met with the director when I finally arrive, there was an emergency. Met with another associate took an assessment review and was given some material to check out and asked to contact recruiter to reschedule for the next day or so. Not sure if I want to go forward because I believe this is a commission based job and I need a sure thing not a wish and a pray with a struggle going forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed, what company did you work for, have you sold anything....sales job obviously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

the process didn't take too long. The manager that was interviewing me basically was selling the company to me without really telling me anything. He avoided the question when I asked about salary. It's all commission based. Then they make you take a personality test to see if you match with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Dimas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

there is a 3 step interview process. they interview a lot of people but don't accept many. but the interviews are very informative but confidence is key when you interview.