New York Life Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at New York Life.

Met the partner at a career fair and got signed up for an interview the next morning. Initial interview was very informative about the company, office, and position. A second interview was scheduled immediately two days later. More extensive interview, lasted about an hour. A third interview was to be scheduled at my convenience and interest.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

The process involves a series of three interviews with the current manger. They do not care all that much about your previous work history, unless you have worked in the insurance field before. They are very picky with whom they hire and you must look and act professionally to even be considered. Even if you are called back for another interview, that is when they sell you the greed about being an insurance salesman. They are looking for greasy people to push insurance.

No salary

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter after meeting a rep from New York Life at a jobs fair. I came in for an interview, but stopped the process after the first session, which was over an hour long. Questions tended to be softball questions (what are you strengths, where do you want to be in five years etc).

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at New York Life.

Just a bunch of questions

New York Life Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

I received a phone call from a recruiter being referred by an employee that I met long ago in one of the networking events that I participated in. We talked and I expressed interest in learning more about this opportunity, then an interview was scheduled.

On the interview day, I arrived on-time for the appointment. The branch was inside one of the downtown high rise buildings where they occupied the whole floor in a professional corporate working environment that required security clearance and receptionist in the front. I waited a little for the recruiter to come pick me up for the interview after checking-in with the receptionist. Once the recruiter picked me, we talked getting to know each other. A presentation was then demonstrated, and you can stop for question at any time. I asked a lot of questions pertains to the company, position, and support program provided.

Process was explained in detail and open to questions. After the interview, I was asked to take an computerized personality assessment test before leaving to see if I was an ideal candidate. Result came out and advised by recruiter the same afternoon.

There are total of 3 interviews screening process.
    Interview #1. Initial recruiting process. Recruiter getting to know you and brief you with presentation. Passing assessment test result required in order to move to #2.
    Interview #2. In-depth interview on a 2 ways street.
    Interview #3. Final interview, response only.

Interview Questions
    • What type of network or social groups do you participate in?   Answer Question
    • What career path are you looking to take in the next couple years?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview was pretty painless. I spoke with a Managing Partner and he gave me details of the company and what the potential income i could earn as an agent.

Interview Questions
    • New York Life checks everything on your resume and also your background as well as your credit. If anything pops up you will have to fix before you get an offer   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

great process and very thorough

long process but worth it, 4 interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with one manager and talked about basic personal aspirations and the details of their training program. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and scheduled for a second interview within a week. They responded quickly and were very professional.

Financial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

The people in the office were very nice. The office itself was in a good location and looked well maintained. The interview was odd because he basically told me I wasn't right for the job without asking me any questions first. After reflecting on the interview later, I got the impression that the point was for me to be aggressive, contradict him, and convince him otherwise. (Afterall, it is a sales position.)

Interview Questions
    • The only question he asked was "Describe your ideal job."   Answer Question