New York Life Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at New York Life Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, the hiring manager wanted to meet me in person in his office. During the meeting he asked questions about my background and the tools they use in their environment. A week later, they called me for another round with two business users, they asked questions about my prior experience. After spending about 1 hour with them, I met with two engineers, discussed technology. overall the interview went well.

About 2-3 weeks later they called me in their New York office for another round of interview with the department head and a senior manager. At that point recruiter told me that they are interviewing another candidate and after meeting the other candidate they will make their hiring decision. I waited for another couple of weeks and after few follow ups the recruiter replied Nooooo, as the department head preferred the other candidate.

What a waste of time!!!!! They could have been more transparent to me,,,,, probably taking advantage of the bad job market.

Interview Question – What's your management style?   View Answer

Worked for New York Life Investments? Contribute to the Community!