New York Life Investments

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mutual Fund Marketing Associate Interview

Mutual Fund Marketing Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 9 months - interviewed at New York Life Investments in August 2013.

Interview Details – Everything went very smooth

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at New York Life Investments

Interview Details – Had three interviews. First was to meet the hiring manager. The second was to meet some of the team members. And the third was to meet the head of the department. Each phase took a few weeks in between to coordinate dates and times. But overall, it was a very smooth process. I was quizzed on my knowledge of the company. Fortunately I had taken the time to read up via the firm's web site. This seemed to be a key component during my interview as it showed my interest in more than just attaining a higher salary.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation I had to overcome over the past year, and how did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at New York Life Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, the hiring manager wanted to meet me in person in his office. During the meeting he asked questions about my background and the tools they use in their environment. A week later, they called me for another round with two business users, they asked questions about my prior experience. After spending about 1 hour with them, I met with two engineers, discussed technology. overall the interview went well.

About 2-3 weeks later they called me in their New York office for another round of interview with the department head and a senior manager. At that point recruiter told me that they are interviewing another candidate and after meeting the other candidate they will make their hiring decision. I waited for another couple of weeks and after few follow ups the recruiter replied Nooooo, as the department head preferred the other candidate.

What a waste of time!!!!! They could have been more transparent to me,,,,, probably taking advantage of the bad job market.

Interview Question – What's your management style?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Westwood, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life Investments in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was brought in for an initial interview where I spoke with 3 people and then there was a follow up interview on a different day with 3 more people. On the offer the basically they gave me a higher base pay, but when I looked at the total benefits it was not actually an improvement from my other employer. Everyone seemed really happy to be working there.

Interview Question – It is your first day on the job, what would you do to get up to speed.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Commute was not an improvement and they were offering basically what I was already making so it wasn't a promotion. It would have probably been a good company to work at, but the commute would be hard.

Worked for New York Life Investments? Contribute to the Community!