New York Life LDP Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Initially the interview process was fine, but towards the end, the method by which (or lack of) the decision process was handled by the HR team was very unprofessional.I was recruited via an MBA conference. Prior to the conference, a recruiter reached out to me as she considered me a highly talented candidate for the position. I was then promoted to second round interviews on-site at the MBA conference. My second round interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with an AVP in one of the business units. Once I passed the second round, I was requested to participate in their "super day," which (by this point, this was my fourth round of interviews) consisted of five 1:1 interviews along with other group discussions, etc. Finally, I was then selected to revisit the corporate headquarters to meet with four managers to determine which team I would be placed in (this was my fifth round of interviews, and the second time I traveled to their corporate head office). Upon completion of my fifth round, I was told that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. I didn't hear back for about a month and a half. I reached out to the HR team to inquire about the final decision and the HR director took two weeks to respond to my email. Following that, they wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with another manager so I agreed. However, I had already interviewed with that manager (which they were somehow unaware of) so that interview was canceled. I waited about a week and requested them (twice) to provide a final decision on my candidacy and received an email stating that we will get back to you once a decision has been made. I never heard back. This interview process was by far the most daunting interview experience I've ever had with a firm.

Interview Questions