New York Life

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Life Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

I received an email from a recruiter who set up an interview at their main office. There is a series of 3 interviews. I attended the first which was geared more towards the manager/interviewer getting to know me. The next two interviews are geared toward the job expectations and the salary. I will see if the job is something I want to do after I attend the second interview. Overall the manger was very nice and easy to converse with.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of money would like to make and where would you like your salary to be in 3 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and set up face to face interview. Met face to face and had a relaxing interview. Asked to come back for a 2nd face to face to discuss compensation and benefit packages. 3rd face to face happens tomorrow even though I have already been offered the job.

No Negotiation, Commission only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

I was contacted by an manager's assistant after I posted my resume to a job website. She set up a meeting with a manager. He interviewed me then had me take a career assessment survey. After that I was to follow up with him the next day to go over my results. I passed, so I continued on to the compensation/training group interview. I chose at that point that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Key qualities that have been passed down from a mentor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

They called me in for an interview and I came in for one.

Interview Questions

The environment is not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

The process involves a series of three interviews with the current manger. They do not care all that much about your previous work history, unless you have worked in the insurance field before. They are very picky with whom they hire and you must look and act professionally to even be considered. Even if you are called back for another interview, that is when they sell you the greed about being an insurance salesman. They are looking for greasy people to push insurance.

No salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

I was referred to NYL by my then current manager who felt that I would like their operation better. I went to the office where I was given the Managing Partner's business card. He was out, but would be back the following Monday. I was told to schedule an appointment then. I was scheduled for Tuesday at 2pm. We met for about 2 hours as we discussed my history and goals. He went over in broad stroked the program of training for new agents and the compensation. We agreed to to meet again once I had reviewed the materials he gave me. There were also several online applications and security materials that I had to fill out before they could get me into their system.
    On the second interview, we went into more detail about the company and mutual expectations, the compensation package, the training,expenses, and so on.

Interview Questions
    • No real challenge except that I am new to the area so I do not have an established base of contacts. This makes it harder to get started to build a client base.   View Answer
    This was a commission based position.