New York Life

2.5

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted the same day to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was pretty straight forward one-on-one. I walked him through my résumé and spoke about my goals, answering a few behavioral questions. The interviewer then spoke briefly about the position but mainly about the career track and company culture. Very helpful and very easy to talk to. Our discussion lasted about an hour and I then took a personality test. After the test, the interviewer let me know about the process that would follow. I received word that same day about a follow up interview with one of the managing partners for a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, be ready to answer anything about your résumé as well as personal experiences applicable to the position.   Answer Question

Enterprise Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Had interview through school's career center, then waited a few weeks to be contacted for a second round in office interview. The second round interview involved 4 interviewers, who had various positions at the firm. All of the questions were behavioral, but forced you to think on your feet. Overall, the interview process was pleasant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Financial Adviser for Insurance/Investment Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in September 2014.

Submitted my resume through my school and got a email the following day about a phone screening. Later the recruiter changed it and told me to come in for an overview of the role, etc. The first meeting was very standard. The recruiter told me about the role, what I would be doing, why they think I'd be good for the role, etc. (this is basically is a sales job!). The whole time I basically had the feeling that she was trying to sell me the job. At the end she asked me if I had any contacts that I can sell insurance and financial products to. The second part was a compensations talk which basically said you'll make what you sell but also talked about the support systems that NYL have for assisting you. They wanted me to come in for a third and fourth meeting which they would introduce the products, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the financial products that New York Life offers?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in August 2014.

Directly got a interview for my position, however, when I headed to the office, they told me the internship can not be provided to international students because they want the internship to become a full time job.

Mortgage Loan Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life in August 2014.

Standard pre-screen phone call. Next was a one on one interview with the director. Got invited for a second round interview which was also one on one.

The people are really friendly and it was quite easy speaking to them. Sadly, I did not get the position.

Bilingual Insurance Sales/Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and received a call from them two days later on that Monday. After going to the first interview, I decided it wasn't what I was looking for so I opted out of the other two interviews. It is a total of 3 interviews for the starting position. 100% commission based.

Interview Questions
    • - Why NY Life?
      - If I were to call your best friend, what would he/she say about you?
      - 5 words that would describe you
      - Why insurance sales?

Answer Question

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

I was contacted by an manager's assistant after I posted my resume to a job website. She set up a meeting with a manager. He interviewed me then had me take a career assessment survey. After that I was to follow up with him the next day to go over my results. I passed, so I continued on to the compensation/training group interview. I chose at that point that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Key qualities that have been passed down from a mentor.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

First interview was meeting with the recruiter- straight forward, laid back, more of a rundown of the company and answering any questions that I may have, inviting me back to meet with a senior partner. Second interview was with a partner- still relatively simple, didn't ask any technical questions, gave his rundown on the company, asked me a few questions, answered any questions I had. Third interview was fully a rundown of the company, presentations on pay structure, benefits, etc. more of them selling the company to you. Fourth and final interview was back again with the partner to finalize the entire process and to assure the two of you would work well together.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

I applied for a position online and received a phone call about a week later from a recruiter with questions on my resume (what are your current duties, how would you describe your personality, etc.). The day of the interview I met with two separate managers who asked the same questions as above. This was more of a chit chat interview to get a feel for your personality and describe the job duties. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but we went over about 5-7 minutes each. I was informed that the next step would a second round of face to face interviews with upper management, but I actually received a verbal offer one week later. They asked me to start three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most dissatisfied with at your current job?   Answer Question