New York Life

2.2

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life in November 2014.

had been New York Life long time ago.,I was good agent in Las Vegas,NV,Williong to assist clients pgoal for the futureroblem, Find right answer with study fixing family size and financial situation.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Sales Agent Interview

I received a phone call and was told there would be 4 interview rounds and they will help me finish step by step. The second round is a face-to-face interview. This job is good for people who have good communication and sales skill and commission-based

I am interested in another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2014.

Interviewed many times (4 to be specific). The 1st is with the recruiter. The 2nd is likely that with a Partner. The 3rd is likely the Executive Partner or Group. The 4th is back with the Partner. There are tasks to be completed after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are your motivations? Please list 3 in the order of importance... Please explain each.   Answer Question
    There isn't much room for negotiation, because it is a sales position. It is a matter of how much do you believe you can sale without a safety net. I would definitely reconsider if this is your first job. Actually, I would doubt they would offer you the job if it is your first.

Sales Agent Interview

basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at New York Life in January 2014.

The hiring process consisted of a personality test, homework from a reading booklet, attending a class and another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you least like about your job? And Why do you want to be part of NYI?   Answer Question
    No, there was no negotitation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

I got reference and came in to have a interview with a partner. It was very straight forward. The whole process contain 4 interviews. In the first interview, they will ask you few question to get to know you and they will spend more time to tell whats going on in New York Life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

Got a phone call to discuss opportunity. Set up a personal interview to discuss the opportunity. We went over the requirements. We talked about the license requirements, and the compensation. The need to have fingerprints taken and the schedule of training. When that was completed we talked about business cards and the lead time that was required.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in July 2013.

The NYL partner took a very long time describing how good the company and the position is. She kept emphasizing that if you work hard you will succeed as a sales agent. Those who failed or quit are the lazy ones.

Not the career path I want to pursue at this point

Sales Agent Interview

Many questions and test to see if you fit corporate culture. The final grade is a traffic light, green, yellow, red.

Interview Questions
    • "I am going to interview 200 to 250 people this year and maybe hire 11-15 of them, why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I had two interviews but declined the third. I was told about the company mainly during the first interview what they had to offer. The second interview they explain their products and services. It was not right for me but sounded like an amazing opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty straight forward. Could you be comfortable without a guaranteed paycheck?   Answer Question