New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The new agents are interviewed several times each interview is one hour. The general manager offers company statistical hand outs and related articles to read between interviews. The training program included taking tests related to certificate requirements for the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are your future needs vs. wants?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a little bit about your last job. How independent were you in creating your own schedule?   Answer Question

The manager explained that the position was not salaried but commission based for the duration of the training program.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (White Plains, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I meet one of the recruiting agents at a college career fair. My resume was handed in and then the ywo employees started to talk about the business. After two days, I got an offer to come in for a preliminary interview. When i got to the office, the managing partner was very nice and just asked me basic questions and told me the process on getting hired. The interview process is long, but it is only done so tjat yhe company can get to know about you and vise versa.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Melville, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met the guy at the job fair and got interview offer at the job fair. I looked at the reviews on glassdoor before I went there, and I though it might not be the job for me but I'll go there for the experience. The guy who interviewed me asked me only one question - tell me about your education and experienece. and he talked about their programs and invited me to the compensation seminar. I'll not go there anyways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and experience. THAT'S IT.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I had an hour long meeting to discuss the opportunity within the company and was given a great presentation. I was told the average annual salary and benefits that would come with the position. I was then give an assessment on a computer which took about 15 minutes to complete. I was called later the same day and offered the position. I am still weighing my options.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

had been New York Life long time ago.,I was good agent in Las Vegas,NV,Williong to assist clients pgoal for the futureroblem, Find right answer with study fixing family size and financial situation.

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

I received a phone call and was told there would be 4 interview rounds and they will help me finish step by step. The second round is a face-to-face interview. This job is good for people who have good communication and sales skill and commission-based

I am interested in another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed many times (4 to be specific). The 1st is with the recruiter. The 2nd is likely that with a Partner. The 3rd is likely the Executive Partner or Group. The 4th is back with the Partner. There are tasks to be completed after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations? Please list 3 in the order of importance... Please explain each.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiation, because it is a sales position. It is a matter of how much do you believe you can sale without a safety net. I would definitely reconsider if this is your first job. Actually, I would doubt they would offer you the job if it is your first.

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a personality test, homework from a reading booklet, attending a class and another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about your job? And Why do you want to be part of NYI?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there was no negotitation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I got reference and came in to have a interview with a partner. It was very straight forward. The whole process contain 4 interviews. In the first interview, they will ask you few question to get to know you and they will spend more time to tell whats going on in New York Life.