New York Life Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life in September 2011.

When i took the interview one manager was asking me how i would react to rude costumers? do i like fashion? why do i want to work there? why do i like this store? have i ever encountered rude people?

Interview Questions
there was no negotiation of anything

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in March 2010.

I applied through my college career website and was offered an interview the following week. I met with the head of a local office for an interview that lasted around an hour. After the interview, I took an online personality test with it implied that I would advance no further if I failed. Apparently I passed as he called the following day and wanted another interview on-site in his office. All went well in this interview and he offered me a job on the spot. I wasn't ready to commit yet so he told me I could take a week and come back the next week with a list of "practice leads".

Interview Questions
    • What is something about you that will get in the way of your success in this career?   Answer Question

After given a practice lead sheet, which asked for 10 friends or family to offer three leads themselves, the whole thing just gave a crappy vibe. I didn't really want a career of pestering and bugging my family and friends simply so I could gain a commission.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!