New York Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was a joke! I received a call from an office employee, someone who had no recruiting experience, at New York Life. Her only job function was to call applicants and set up times for them to come in for sales positions they are trying to fill. I mentioned that I applied for a Sales Manager position and not the position she was attempting to have me come in for. She stated they are only given the applicants name and phone number and are paid by how many come in for an interviews. I asked if she could talk to her supervisor to let them know I had applied for the Sales Manager position. Placed on hold for several minutes. When she came back she told me they only hire sales people and do not hire managers. I thanked her and asked to remove my name from their list.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I found them to be unprofessional in their recruiting efforts.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Life

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life Sales Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees and interview candidates.