New York Life

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2010.

It was a joke! I received a call from an office employee, someone who had no recruiting experience, at New York Life. Her only job function was to call applicants and set up times for them to come in for sales positions they are trying to fill. I mentioned that I applied for a Sales Manager position and not the position she was attempting to have me come in for. She stated they are only given the applicants name and phone number and are paid by how many come in for an interviews. I asked if she could talk to her supervisor to let them know I had applied for the Sales Manager position. Placed on hold for several minutes. When she came back she told me they only hire sales people and do not hire managers. I thanked her and asked to remove my name from their list.

Interview Questions

I found them to be unprofessional in their recruiting efforts.