New York Partners Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

PR Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Partners in July 2010.

After applying for the position advertised on Craigslist, I was emailed and invited to attend a one-on-one interview, which was a basic question and answer about me professionally - my strengths, where I had been and what I was looking for next.

I was called back for a second interview to attend an 'observation day' which turned out to be going out to the 'field' to observe one of the 'Training Coordinators' in action... essentially this was a very well disguised sales role, a 'cold', office-to-office sales job, pitching one of a few different campaigns... office supplies, phone contracts, credit cards, etc.... all under the guise of a 'management training program'.

And the real catch is they take you all the way out to Queens, or the Bronx or wherever it might be for the day before they unveil the full nature of the job, which I found to be quite deceitful. Particularly since it was such a contradiction to the job description that was advertised.

As a sales role, working for the company would have been fine. And from a client's perspective, NY Partners would be a perfectly feasible part of the marketing mix as a way of building face-to-face relations with prospective customers. However, I found the method of hiring and interviewing utterly deceptive, and was really displeased with how time-wasting the process was.

Interview Questions
    • How much does a particular industry gross per year?   View Answer

Because I made my objections with the process known, it was a mutual agreement that I didn't want to work for the company, and they obviously decided because I was unhappy with the sales element, the major component of the job, that I wasn't suitable.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Partners in July 2010.

New York Partners marketing job is a scam, and its listed as a number of different things, so be careful. They give you little to no information over the phone in an effort to deceive you and get you to the first interview. Once at the first interview you once again are given little information. They lead you to believe you will be dealing with large clients like Verizon, Walmart etc, but what they really mean is you will be stomping around the streets peddling their clients services and or goods. New York Partners is a 'marketing' company hired by other corporations to do their crappy work. I personally made it past the first interview and foolishly thought this might be a good opportunity. On the second day me and another poor fellow took the E train to Jamaica Queens where we called on fruit stands, funeral parlors, churches, and chop shops. Quite amusingly the guy who we were following around for the day tried to interview us on the subway ride despite the fact that it was incredibly difficult to hear what he was saying. Once in Queens the stares of hatred were palpable... i was wearing a suit (obviously) in the 90deg humid July weather, and the other fellow a sweater vest/suite combo, the people in Queens weren't too keen on us, big surprise. After a few hours i told the guy we were shadowing that i had enough and was leaving -- the other guy i was with, who by the way had a IT degree from a reputable school, I, an economics degree from Rutgers -- left too (i wasnt the only person fooled). The guy leading us around seemed dejected despite us telling him that it was nothing personal. Eventually before we parted ways he suggested that he wanted to hang out with us in some social setting because he recently moved to NYC and didnt have any friends... Long story short, regardless of the over-the-line offer from our host, i regret giving this company any personal information about myself... The ultimate goal for an employee of this sales scheme is to become an interviewer, and then you get some portion of the sales the people you bring in. Typical pyramid structuring.. Walking around Jamaica Queens i dont regret simply because it was so awful it was amusing to laugh about later that day over a beer.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Partners

Worked for New York Partners? Contribute to the Community!