New York Post

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ad Sales Account Coordinator Interview

Ad Sales Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at New York Post in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at my school career services. I then received an interview on-campus. What a joke! I felt hesitant about interviewing with the company from the start because there is a negative connotation associated with the Post. The newspaper is based merely on gossip with a few key facts (if any). But I gave the company the benefit of the doubt and I've never regretted anything more!

The guy who interviewed me was very self-absorbed and only talked about himself. I also interviewed with a girl in HR that was very impersonal and I felt a lot of negative energy from her. The guy who interviewed me offered me a 2nd interview on the spot even before discussing it with anyone else (very unprofessional). He just kind of blurted it out!

I then was sent to the 2nd rounds in NYC called "HQ event". This lasted 2 days and they made you REALLY feel as if you had a job. There were only 10 of us and they said they would hire all of us if they liked us. That was quite a lie. I was probably the most qualified candidate there with 2 previous internships from very reputable companies and also a passion for sales. They asked me some very rude questions like "What do your parents do?" and also one guy asked me why I dropped a class while he was looking at my transcript...I've never experienced such bizarre questions. Most of the questions that the interviewers asked seemed very irrelevant to the position!

When I was leaving the HQ event I was on the elevator with an executive that I previously interviewed with. He told me I was getting an offer the next day...once again that was a lie! The next day I received an email saying I was not chosen. This was probably the most UNPROFESSIONAL experience I've ever had with a company and I am truly disappointed I wasted my time even considering them.

To sum up my experiences with the NY Post- they make you feel very special, but they actually know who they want before you attend the event. If you want to pursue a real career in sales I suggest not to even go there. They are slime buckets and love to manipulate college students into thinking they actually want you.

Interview Question – "What do your parents do?"
"Are any of your family members in sales?"
"If we offered you this job tomorrow, would you accept it on the spot?"
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Post Ad Sales Account Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Post employees and interview candidates.