New York Post

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at New York Post

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview process. You'll meet with people throughout the company, and someone will inevitably ask you to sell him an item on his desk or something hanging on the wall. They'll want to know that you're a fan of the brand.

Interview Question – Please sell me this...in the next 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Ad Sales Account Coordinator Interview

Ad Sales Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at New York Post in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at my school career services. I then received an interview on-campus. What a joke! I felt hesitant about interviewing with the company from the start because there is a negative connotation associated with the Post. The newspaper is based merely on gossip with a few key facts (if any). But I gave the company the benefit of the doubt and I've never regretted anything more!

The guy who interviewed me was very self-absorbed and only talked about himself. I also interviewed with a girl in HR that was very impersonal and I felt a lot of negative energy from her. The guy who interviewed me offered me a 2nd interview on the spot even before discussing it with anyone else (very unprofessional). He just kind of blurted it out!

I then was sent to the 2nd rounds in NYC called "HQ event". This lasted 2 days and they made you REALLY feel as if you had a job. There were only 10 of us and they said they would hire all of us if they liked us. That was quite a lie. I was probably the most qualified candidate there with 2 previous internships from very reputable companies and also a passion for sales. They asked me some very rude questions like "What do your parents do?" and also one guy asked me why I dropped a class while he was looking at my transcript...I've never experienced such bizarre questions. Most of the questions that the interviewers asked seemed very irrelevant to the position!

When I was leaving the HQ event I was on the elevator with an executive that I previously interviewed with. He told me I was getting an offer the next day...once again that was a lie! The next day I received an email saying I was not chosen. This was probably the most UNPROFESSIONAL experience I've ever had with a company and I am truly disappointed I wasted my time even considering them.

To sum up my experiences with the NY Post- they make you feel very special, but they actually know who they want before you attend the event. If you want to pursue a real career in sales I suggest not to even go there. They are slime buckets and love to manipulate college students into thinking they actually want you.

Interview Question – "What do your parents do?"
"Are any of your family members in sales?"
"If we offered you this job tomorrow, would you accept it on the spot?"
  Answer Question

Advertising Account Coordinator

I applied through college or university and interviewed at New York Post.

Interview Details – They first did interviews at my career center (two 30 min interviews). They were very nice and friendly, and pretty much run through your resume and ask why you want this job and company. If selected, you will go through what they call "HQ." It is 6 back to back interviews (about 35 min each) in New York, meeting with various sales higher ups and management. They do not ask many difficult questions, but you must be prepared to answer why sales, why sales, and why sales. You have to convey to them that NYP advertising sales is your dream job or else you will not even be taken seriously.

Interview Question – Sell me this purple flower picture frame.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at New York Post in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through my University's career services website and an HR rep called me the next morning. She was friendly and asked me several questions mainly about why the Post and why sales. She then invited me to NYC to interview with them in person and told me I would be interviewing with 3 people, herself, a more senior HR person, and a senior account exec. Once I was in NYC and at their office, the same woman interviewed me and it was one of the strangest interviews I've ever had. She was asking me questions, that genuinely weren't questions, I had no idea what she was saying. She would just kind of stare at me, and when I would answer, she would ask something weirdly unrelated. After her, I found out that the more senior HR person was out of office and I was walked to the account exec's office. He was in a meeting so I was walked back to the waiting room. He came and got me and interviewed me. He was also a different person than they told me I'd be interviewing with. I thought the interview with him went well, although he seemed to be unfocused on me and acted completely unprofessional towards one of his employees, pretending to strangle her in front of me. They seemed totally unprepared for me and just kept dropping me off in places that I didn't belong. I was told I would hear back soon, which I did, that I was not a fit. I would firmly agree with their decision.

Interview Question – Sell me something in this office   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

Ad Sales
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Post in January 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with a hr representative, sales employee, and an executive. The interviews were mostly conversational, only asking a few technical questions. The company culture seemed comfortable and the executive was quite approachable. I would suggest candidates to read up on News Corp and have specifics to bring up.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Post in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a telephone interview, then a one on one interview, and then a series of interviews with different people in various departments. It all concluded with one last final interview before any offers were made.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   Answer Question

Reporter - Freelance Interview

Reporter - Freelance
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Post in May 2008.

Interview Details – Found an interview through Columbia University career site. One of my professors was heavily involved with the Post. Lots of people from Columbia get a position there. The interview process was fairly easy. I was horrified when HR told me that I had virtually no electronic privacy with my NYP e-mail, phone and other communications. Work environment was super competitive, belligerent, high-strung and unfriendly.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Post in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college recruiting website. The phone interview was first, then I came down for an in person interview, where I met with two HR personnel and one Account Executive. The final round was a two-day interview, consisting of dinner the night before, and then 8 different interviews the next day with various executives.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you wanted to quit a job but didn't.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Post in June 2012.

Interview Details – A call based on resume posted to online job portal led to a 1:1 meeting that lasted 30 minutes. A very basic run through the resume followed by job position description. The interview was followed with another round after 2 weeks. This lasted 10 minutes and was very weird.

Interview Question – DO you have any questions for us   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Post interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Post employees and interview candidates.