New York Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Statistical Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

I was contacted by HR via phone and given an impromptu phone interview after hours. This was a slight surprise and I was caught off guard, but I must have passed the screening because I was invited for an in person interview. I met with HR and with two members of the department. The questions were fair and straightforward and I felt as though I connected with the department members and we had a lot in common and much to discuss. They must have not felt the same way. They said the interview process would take them two to three weeks, but it was nearly two months before I heard back and was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What sorts of initiatives have you taken recently at work?   Answer Question

Food and Nutrition Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Phone interview consisted of the following questions: Why do you want to work for NYP?, Why did you leave or want to leave your employment?, Describe your previous work experience

New Graduate Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

The first interview was a group interview with 4-7 other people at your table. The second part of the process was an online battery test. The third part of the process was an interview with individual managers of floors willing to hire new grads. Even if you make it last the last step it doesn't guarantee you a job upon completion.

Registered Nurse Interview

I attended the May 2014 New Grad Meet and Greet. The Talent Acquisition Team is very welcoming and enthusiastic about hiring new nursing graduates. Application is competitive (internal hires and those with experience as PCAs are strong candidates, at least superficially), but they take the time to hear everyone deliver their "living cover letter" elevator pitch.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

The interview with the hiring manager was very pleasant. Most questions were as expected. However, the interview with HR was kind of odd. The interviewer kept interrupting and she was bouncing all over the place with her questions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Many behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Nurses Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital in July 2014.

I was a former employee and decided to return. I applied online. In a few days, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Then, I was emailed again to take an assessment test. After successfully completing the exam, I was called to schedule an interview, asked to fill out a full NYP application, and they asked for location preferences. I went on three interviews in two different locations, one with a 1:1 interview, and the other location, with a 1:1 interview as well with an additional interview panel of four. Soon I received a call from a Talent Aquisition Specialist notifying me I have been hired at both locations, as I chose one.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Personality and scenario questions are asked where you will have to give examples to support your answers. Topics such as problems with a coworker? Visitors? What would you do if...? How would you handle certain situations. Questions are asked based on your previous work experiences as an NA.   View Answer
    I was given a salary. I asked if it was negotiable, and was able to receive the salary expected.

OR Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

It was horrible. The questions asked you would think you are going to be employed with FBI. Every interview is different these questions are asked randomly from different categories. Depending on how you answer will determine if you go to the next step. YOU HAVE TO SOMETIMES CALL TO FIND OUT IF YOU GOT THE JOB! THEY ARE SO SLOW IN GETTING BACK TO YOU.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time while being employed you had to tell on either your co-woker or another employee?   View Answer

Interface Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Took me about 6 interviews to transfer between groups at the same hospital after over 5 years of working for this hospital.
    At some point, I've heard that one of the manager regretted that I didn't have a chance to be interviewed by more people. Isn't 6 interviews enough to see if a person is fit? Did anyone has to break me to a point that I just submit my whole life to the hospital?

Interview Questions
    • I knew I was appying to an internal position I had no experience in. I took every effort to learn what I could. There were no difficult quesitons, since it was clear I was not experienced in this field. I was asked questions that would show if I really took the effort to learn.   View Answer
    No negotiation, internal transfer

Clinical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

I' have interviewed for 2 positions at this company and both processes were pretty straightforward. My initial hire into the organization involved meeting with HR and the Nurse Manager of the unit. Upon receiving an offer you need to pass a very difficult pharmacology test in order to be hired. For my 2 job I just interviewed with the Nurse Manager because I was an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember a difficult or unexpected question, everything was pretty straight forward in both the interviews I've since being employed by this company.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - salary based on years of experience, degrees, & certifications per union guidelines

Programmer Analyst Interview