New York Presbyterian Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Desktop Support Tech Interview

Desktop Support Tech
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital in February 2011.

Interview Details – You'll first have a phone interview, which you'll be asked basic tech questions. The 1 -3 in person interviews. Also you'll be tested for TB twice which is a 2 week long process.

OR Technician Interview

OR Technician

I applied online and interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview Details – It was horrible. The questions asked you would think you are going to be employed with FBI. Every interview is different these questions are asked randomly from different categories. Depending on how you answer will determine if you go to the next step. YOU HAVE TO SOMETIMES CALL TO FIND OUT IF YOU GOT THE JOB! THEY ARE SO SLOW IN GETTING BACK TO YOU.

Interview Question – Describe a time while being employed you had to tell on either your co-woker or another employee?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital

Interview Details – I was asked to fill out an application for Lab Tech position in the hematology department. Then I had an interview with the HR department which was fairly short, followed by interview with two hiring managers of the core laboratory. The whole process took about 2 hours which felt really long. They asked about preferences for shifts and departments, informed me about the rules and regulations and gave a tour of the core lab.

Interview Question – Asked to do 5 differential slides (all abnormals). I was not expecting that.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interface Analyst Interview

Interface Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview Details – Took me about 6 interviews to transfer between groups at the same hospital after over 5 years of working for this hospital.
At some point, I've heard that one of the manager regretted that I didn't have a chance to be interviewed by more people. Isn't 6 interviews enough to see if a person is fit? Did anyone has to break me to a point that I just submit my whole life to the hospital?

Interview Question – I knew I was appying to an internal position I had no experience in. I took every effort to learn what I could. There were no difficult quesitons, since it was clear I was not experienced in this field. I was asked questions that would show if I really took the effort to learn.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, internal transfer

Clinical Nurse Interview

Clinical Nurse
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview Details – I' have interviewed for 2 positions at this company and both processes were pretty straightforward. My initial hire into the organization involved meeting with HR and the Nurse Manager of the unit. Upon receiving an offer you need to pass a very difficult pharmacology test in order to be hired. For my 2 job I just interviewed with the Nurse Manager because I was an internal candidate.

Interview Question – I can't remember a difficult or unexpected question, everything was pretty straight forward in both the interviews I've since being employed by this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - salary based on years of experience, degrees, & certifications per union guidelines

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital in September 2012.

Interview Details – Personality test, followed by a Phone interview, followed by HR interview, followed by an interview with a manager and another staff nurse. The entire process took months because of disorganization and miscommunication within the HR office. Upon signing the offer, a pharmacology exam was administered.

Interview Question – Give an example of when a patient decompensated and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a new grad and did not negotiate salary

Negotiation Details – Long

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse

Interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital

Interview Details – I applied for the position and got called. I reiterated my interest, and went for the interview. I met with my nurse manager and a few staff nurses; learned about the organization and got why i want to work for them--to which i answered i fancy the goals of the hospitals.

Interview Question – How do you currently earn?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – had to choose from 2 offers

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview Details – One phone interview, followed by a half day of interviews where you interview in front of panels of up to 5 managers at once. You are interviewing for up to a few positions at one time. Questions on the phone are about why you want to be in healthcare, why at NYP, and what about your experience makes you a good fit. During the half day, the questions are behavioral- tell us about a time when...

Interview Question – We've read your resume, tell us something we don't know about you.   View Answer

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Nurse Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview Details – Very professional and organized. Initial contact is phone screen, which is about 10 minutes. Asks about current job, why do you want to move?, salary and expectations. Then meet with 2 recruiters who use behavioral based interviewing. They ask a lot of questions requiring you to give examples of specific responsibilities from your job history. Pleasant experience. Keeps you on your toes.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation where if you had it to do over you would. Explain.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Presbyterian Hospital? Contribute to the Community!