New York Sports Club

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.5

Membership Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Sports Club.

Sent a resume called me in for career fair . Was passionate told them I liked money and got an offer which I accepted . Will start sales training soon

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do sales , it's a lot of hours and hard work   View Answer
    It was simple , got to pick when I would like to start sales training and which club to be located in

Personal Trainer Interview

Came in and handed my resume package, got the interview after 30 mins. The whole process was not too difficult, mostly questions about your experience and also some questions about designing fitness plan for new customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Sports Club in September 2014.

Applied online then initial contact was made via phone. After the phone interview I was invited to the location for a 1 on 1 or as it turned out 2 on 1 interview. We talked in his office and then another Manager joined and wasn't quite sold on me so we went into a hands on scenario. We went onto the gym floor and used a former employee to pretend to be a client of mine. After seeing how well I worked with her they were convinced and I was hired shortly after.

Front Desk Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Sports Club.

EASY...they were looking for anyone who could use a computer and speak well to take the 5am shift

there wasn't one. it pays minimum wage

Membership Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Sports Club.

There was pretty much no interview process. I met with the District Manager and i got hired. Was as easy as it gets. They pretty much hire anyone

Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Applied in person

Welcome Team/Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodmere, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Sports Club in September 2013.

Manager was nice and friendly, we talked for 2 hours about my job experiences, my life and what I like doing. It fell like I was talking to a friend. At the same time he was very professional. Got the job that same day, took me 1 week to train and I was opening and closing the gym a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, basic common sense questions, and manager was friendly and professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Sports Club in July 2013.

I was invited to the 73rd Street UWS location. Fitness manager promptly started the interview at the scheduled time. It was pretty basic except I was interrupted many times before I could finish answering. They made no attempt to sell the job to me. After that I met the GM who asked many of the same questions: 'Why NYSC?' And 'Why do you want to be a personal trainer?' As well as factual ones like: 'Are you certified?', which was a bit disappointing because it shows she did not look at my resume the fitness manager put in front of her. In total, the entire interview lasted no more then 20 mins.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Sports Club in March 2013.

not bad at all. was like any other interview. the process was smooth and simple. called me within a couple days after i applied and got an interview within that first week. They ask typical interview questions and what not. nothing to worry about. definitely practice your interview skills and have a decent resume and cover letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodmere, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Sports Club in November 2011.

I have submitted resume online and have been contacted very promptly. I had one phone conversation and one interview. My manager was in charge of hiring decision. The interview will therefore somewhat different for everybody. My manager was an amazing person so interview was just a nice conversation but he did have a sheet of paper with some questions that I assume the company requires to be asked. I could tell this part was very "official" and somewhat awkward for both of us. One of those questions were: "Did you encounter adversity at your previous job and how did you handle it?" and "What is your bad habit?" So questions that you can find online under "typical interview questions".

Interview Questions
    • Set of typical interview questions like "what is your worst habit?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations- set salary procedure and progress for personal trainer position.