New York Sports Club

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at New York Sports Club in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very relaxed and friendly people, great interview

Interview Question – mostly typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Woodmere, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Sports Club in November 2011.

Interview Details – I have submitted resume online and have been contacted very promptly. I had one phone conversation and one interview. My manager was in charge of hiring decision. The interview will therefore somewhat different for everybody. My manager was an amazing person so interview was just a nice conversation but he did have a sheet of paper with some questions that I assume the company requires to be asked. I could tell this part was very "official" and somewhat awkward for both of us. One of those questions were: "Did you encounter adversity at your previous job and how did you handle it?" and "What is your bad habit?" So questions that you can find online under "typical interview questions".

Interview Question – Set of typical interview questions like "what is your worst habit?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations- set salary procedure and progress for personal trainer position.

Personal Trainer
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at New York Sports Club in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to the 73rd Street UWS location. Fitness manager promptly started the interview at the scheduled time. It was pretty basic except I was interrupted many times before I could finish answering. They made no attempt to sell the job to me. After that I met the GM who asked many of the same questions: 'Why NYSC?' And 'Why do you want to be a personal trainer?' As well as factual ones like: 'Are you certified?', which was a bit disappointing because it shows she did not look at my resume the fitness manager put in front of her. In total, the entire interview lasted no more then 20 mins.

Interview Question – What are you most afraid of?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Sports Club in July 2011.

Interview Details – You will be contacted by the Fitness Manager for a phone interview, not too long, maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Then you will meet face to face for the 1st official interview, 30-45 minutes. 2nd interview can go one of two ways. 1 way is to meet with the General Manager. Another direction may be to put the Fitness Manager through a workout.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time where you made a difference in someone's life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It's a flat offer with no movement.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York Sports Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Sports Club Personal Trainer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Sports Club employees and interview candidates.