New York Sports Club

Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Trainer Interview

Came in and handed my resume package, got the interview after 30 mins. The whole process was not too difficult, mostly questions about your experience and also some questions about designing fitness plan for new customers.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Sports Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Sports Club in September 2014.

Applied online then initial contact was made via phone. After the phone interview I was invited to the location for a 1 on 1 or as it turned out 2 on 1 interview. We talked in his office and then another Manager joined and wasn't quite sold on me so we went into a hands on scenario. We went onto the gym floor and used a former employee to pretend to be a client of mine. After seeing how well I worked with her they were convinced and I was hired shortly after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Sports Club in July 2013.

I was invited to the 73rd Street UWS location. Fitness manager promptly started the interview at the scheduled time. It was pretty basic except I was interrupted many times before I could finish answering. They made no attempt to sell the job to me. After that I met the GM who asked many of the same questions: 'Why NYSC?' And 'Why do you want to be a personal trainer?' As well as factual ones like: 'Are you certified?', which was a bit disappointing because it shows she did not look at my resume the fitness manager put in front of her. In total, the entire interview lasted no more then 20 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodmere, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodmere, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Sports Club in November 2011.

I have submitted resume online and have been contacted very promptly. I had one phone conversation and one interview. My manager was in charge of hiring decision. The interview will therefore somewhat different for everybody. My manager was an amazing person so interview was just a nice conversation but he did have a sheet of paper with some questions that I assume the company requires to be asked. I could tell this part was very "official" and somewhat awkward for both of us. One of those questions were: "Did you encounter adversity at your previous job and how did you handle it?" and "What is your bad habit?" So questions that you can find online under "typical interview questions".

Interview Questions
    • Set of typical interview questions like "what is your worst habit?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations- set salary procedure and progress for personal trainer position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Sports Club in July 2011.

You will be contacted by the Fitness Manager for a phone interview, not too long, maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Then you will meet face to face for the 1st official interview, 30-45 minutes. 2nd interview can go one of two ways. 1 way is to meet with the General Manager. Another direction may be to put the Fitness Manager through a workout.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time where you made a difference in someone's life.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It's a flat offer with no movement.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Sports Club in June 2011.

Very relaxed and friendly people, great interview