New York Times Advertising Sales Representative Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Times in June 2010.

Well the recruiter will give you a call and have a phone interview. Then you'll come in and interview with the recruiter. From there if the managers you'd be working under are available, you'd interview with them. Unfortunately none were available after my interview with the recruiter, so I had to come back maybe two days later to interview with the managers and director of my department.

I interviewed with three managers and the director, all separately. It was a back to back sort of situation. A little intimidating, but only three out of the four were difficult to get a good vibe from. After the interviews, I made sure to send thank you emails as the recruiter was helpful in pointing out how highly the managers and director view them. It took about a week to hear from the recruiter and I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time were you had difficulty selling to a customer -or something of that nature   Answer Question
There wasn't much room for negotiating since I was offered a temporary contract instead of the salary position I thought was available.

Worked for New York Times? Contribute to the Community!