New York Times Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Intern Interview

Interview

interview with general political and business news, as well as historical questions. Some opinions, and others are behavioral questions. Most of them are general knowledges learned in high school/college, but some are related to real market.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Times

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Times.

Interview

I sent in my application online and got a call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. I first had a phone interview where I was asked some simple questions about my resume. I then was contacted to schedule a technical interview with three managers. I thought it went okay, I spent a long time on a simple coding question, so I assumed I would be rejected. However, I got a call two days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a data structure for holding a cellphone phone book.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Times (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

HR took forever. Interview was with three different people for half an hour each (very precisely, actually). First got a sense of interests and personality, second moved on to questions pertaining to NYTimes web services, third put algorithms question on the board to do. They definitely asked a good deal of questions that they didn't expect a good answer to, but simply to see how one would field the question. (Difficult considering that the questions weren't unreasonsable, just unexpected - and they seemed to know it when they asked.)