New York Times
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Times
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Intern (3)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Web Developer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Senior Developer (1)
- Senior Java Developer (1)
- Designer (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Data Engineer (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Manager of Web Development (1)
- IOS Developer (1)
- Senior IOS Developer (1)
- User Experience Research Manager (1)
- Sales- Advertising (1)
- Ios Software Engineer (1)
- Director of Customer Research (1)
- Assistant Editor - Video Content (1)
- Ad Technology Manager (1)
- Freelance Graphic/Web Designer (1)
- Director Marketing Planning (1)
- Software Development Engineer In Test/Software Development In Test (1)
- Team Lead of Help Desk (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Administration (1)
- IT (1)
- Senior Systems Analyst (1)
- Political Analyst (1)
2 people found this helpful
Web Developer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at New York Times in August 2012.
The team members I spoke with seemed reasonable, if poorly coordinated, but the HR department was especially rude. I was disappointed with the lack of agreement on which technologies they planned to use. I was excited to work in an environment where Node might be leveraged heavily, but upon arrival I was told this was not likely; I'm not sure I'd have made the trip for a PHP gig.
After sitting though a grueling 4hr interview, where I was asked the same questions repeatedly and left sitting alone for up to 20min at a time, the HR department never contacted me again.
I've assumed they were uninterested, which not at issue, however, I attempted to contact them twice for information on my status with no reply.
I got the strong impression they don't understand how to hire technical people and/or don't realize fundamentals, like the fact that I will not be pointing colleagues at NYT due to their poor treatment of me.
Other Interview Reviews for New York Times
1 person found this helpful
Web Developer InterviewApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at New York Times.Interview Details
Started with a call from a 3rd party recruiter, followed up with a brief technical phone interview, then was invited for an on-site interview. None of the technical interviews were particularly challenging, however the routing process was fairly poor. I ended up interviewing for a team I didn't apply for and didn't really seem all that interesting for someone with my background.
The people were all pleasant however.Interview Questions
No OfferEasy Interview
- Technical questions involved debugging code and factoid type questions about programming languages. Answer Question