New York Yankees Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Yankees

Vendor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Yankees in April 2013.

Interview

I called for the job.....they told me to show up for work the next day. This is probably because I was referred to my current boss by a trusted employee. I got a Yankee vendors jersey and hat and I learned how to use the register and prepare food an hour before my first game. It was easy to learn.

Premium Sales & Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. Initial phone interview was with HR and lasted about 15 minutes. Then a couple weeks later another phone interview but with the Manager of Premium Sales. This interview lasted about an hour. Next interview was a week later with the Executive Director of Premium Sales. Interview lasted about an hour. Then about 2 weeks later I was asked to fly up to NYC to interview in person. I was expected to pay for my own flight but the Yankees covered the cost of hotel. At my face-to-face interview I interviewed with 5 different managers in 4 hours. It was a whirlwind but pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that sticks out in my mind as too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate. I tried to negotiate the base salary because it was only $5k more than what I was making in a city with a significantly lower cost of living than NYC. However, I was told there was no negotiation room for base salary. It was "take it or leave it".

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Honestly a huge joke. They ask you zero questions pertaining to the job. if you have previous experience and can talk your way into a sale then this job is yours. I would suggest not working for a sports company in the sales departments, as they treat you like absolute garbage. Your looked at as disposable the day you get there, and that you should be thankful you work for the yankees (or any team for that matter).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

base salary + Commission non negotiable