New York & Company Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
66 interviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York & Company.

It was a pretty easy interview. They ask typical sales associate interview questions. Nothing too crazy or difficult. They ask about your background, your experience in retail and in other fields and why you want to work there. It took only one interview with the store manager. It's part-time so be ready they don't give you many hours. You will need another job too.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in my case.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company in July 2014.

It was a group interview with about 4 other individuals. The manager asked each person different but stereotypical interview questions: describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do, tell me about yourself, sell me a NY&C credit card, describe what you did at your previous jobs, etc. We were told that the average can get up to 30+ hours a week which is not at all the case! WE GET 4 HRS. OF WORK AND MANY ON-CALL SHIFTS and 9/10 they don't need you. Only go for this position if you, already, have another job and only need very petty cash.

Interview Questions
    • They give you about 2 minutes to look at their credit card perks and memorize as many of the benefits as you can and then try to convince the interviewer to obtain one. You can just look at their website if you need that info.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They're incredibly cheap :,( but they're willing to work with you if you have another job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at New York & Company.

simple easy paper application; basic interview with myself and the store manager in the office; very relaxed and casual meeting more than an interview; walked into the store, handed over my resume, watched the manager look at it and set me up immediately with an interview the next day; no need to wear a suit to the interview here or bring a resume, they did not care about either one, the manager was wearing a super casual outfit and I looked way over dressed

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions, "what would you do in this scenario"; "what is the best/worst work experience you have had" etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, company automatically starts at minimum wage for sales associates

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York & Company.

I had to fill out an application and it took them about two to three weeks to call me about an interview. There was one interview and after it they called to see when I could go in to fill out paperwork and when I could start my training. They also do a background check.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to talk about myself which I found to be difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company in May 2014.

It was a very easy process. I turned in my application. Someone called me two weeks later and setup an interview and the interview process was easy going. She asked a lot of questions but I felt comfortable and professional at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what I'd do if I encountered a shoplifter face to face. Like, should I run after to him? Yell at him, etc.   View Answer

Project Manager, Multi-channel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company in September 2011.

The interview process was great. Friendly and direct. This was, however, before the company's culture shifted

an agreement was made quickly

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York & Company.

One interview, basic retail experience questions, how would you deal with a customer who is angry, tell me about a time you gave great customer service

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Handed in application, the next day I was brought in for a casual interview and immediately offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company.

I applied for the job about 2 weeks before I got my phone call. I was contacted and asked if I was still interested in the position and the interview was the next day. Interview was well, Really fub questions honestly. And its a good thing to be updated on the latest styles, more specifically their styles.

Interview Questions
    I was asked did i have my driver's license and ssi card on me so i assumed i had the job lol

Sales Associate Interview

Pretty standard for part-time associate work in a mall. Interview was average, except you had to pick out an outfit and explain why you chose what you did (they want to see if you can help customers do this).

Interview Questions
    • The outfit selection portion of the interview was not expected.   Answer Question
    Pretty standard again. I asked for more than they could do, but because i asked i got a higher starting rate than other employees.

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!