New York & Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I had applied on a Tuesday and was called on Thursday for an interview on Monday. After the initial interview, I had an interview with another manager the same day. Then I was scheduled for an interview with the general manager, and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• One question they asked is how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

The process wasn't to bad. The manager was friendly and welcoming. I interviewed and started within a week. The interview was long and it had a lot of questions but it's was more thorough than difficult

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

Process was pretty simple! Applied online and got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview with 2 managers that lasted about an hour or so. Then recieve a follow up call 4 days later.Do your research on the company prior to interview, as well think of different scenarios you could be placed in. Smile alot , and dress professional yet trendy.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. Some of them were:
      Tell me abour yourself.
      How well do you work under pressure on a scale of 1-10? And why?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Would you say your an dependent or independent worker?
      Are you comfortable being in control?
      ALSO, alot of scenario base questions were given ex: If you saw a coworker doing something against company policy, what would you do?

At the end of the interview, managers asked if we had any questions for them. (So be sure to have at least one ready). I recommend asking what will be the next step in this process. Good luck :)

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

1 interview, was a very good fit so it was lengthy and positive. Questions were straight forward, and I heard back the same day. The office was very cluttered, which should have told me something about the workload.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told the pay scale was consistent for each level, which I later found was incorrect. Negotiate!

IT Interview

Interview

Prospective employee must interview with CIO and two other managers including representative from HR. Resume, cover letter, and filling out other paperwork required. Interviews take approx. 30 minutes to one hour each. References required as well as some example of previous work. Review benefits and all requirements for the position.

Interview Questions

• Question about previous company procedures and processes.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

Interviewing process is a joke, DM only discusses negative things about the company and how store runs. Only asks you negative questions and if you refuse to answer negatively they keep asking the same questions 5 different ways. I had 3 managers interview me and only one was able to convince me that, that location was heading in a new direction and that she was grateful to have someone with a positive outlook on the store.

Interview Questions

• "So.. why are you quitting your job?"

The worst part was the really long, awkward silence and rude staring between each question.

Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York & Company (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was invited in a couple of days later for an interview. The interview was held in the back of the store with a one of the managers. It was relatively short and simple. She asked me to talk about my background in retail among other things. She offered my a position right on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

very easy it was very organic. It was based on your basic question on how you felt about doing the work. You must be flexible as scheds. are made one week in advance only. Shifts are 4hours or less.

Interview Questions

• Describe customer service?
      Describe a fashion ambassador?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

It was a very simple and easy interview. I applied online and was called in a week later. I was called in for a second interview with the store manager. A few days after my second interview I received a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me to describe my experiences during store visits. She also asked me to describe my previous work experiences, and what I've learned from them.
      What does customer service mean to me?
      What would you contribute to the store?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate due to the lack of retail experience I had

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York & Company (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied in person on Sunday and had an interview today Monday. It took 20 minutes for the HR manager to come out and greet me but I didn't mind. The interview took place towards the front of the store and we were on either side of a wheelie table. I felt relaxed thanks to the music playing and the store's environment. The manager had me fill out a few questions while she took care of some issues going on so it took pressure off of me.

UPDATE: got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customer tested your patience. List 3 things a girl must have in her closet.   Answer Question