New York & Company

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York & Company.

It was a very simple and easy interview. I applied online and was called in a week later. I was called in for a second interview with the store manager. A few days after my second interview I received a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager asked me to describe my experiences during store visits. She also asked me to describe my previous work experiences, and what I've learned from them.
      What does customer service mean to me?
      What would you contribute to the store?
        Answer Question
    Was unable to negotiate due to the lack of retail experience I had

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York & Company.

I applied in person on Sunday and had an interview today Monday. It took 20 minutes for the HR manager to come out and greet me but I didn't mind. The interview took place towards the front of the store and we were on either side of a wheelie table. I felt relaxed thanks to the music playing and the store's environment. The manager had me fill out a few questions while she took care of some issues going on so it took pressure off of me.

UPDATE: got the job

Interview Questions
    • Name a time a customer tested your patience. List 3 things a girl must have in her closet.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York & Company.

Applied in person. Was asked to set up an interview on the spot. I had one interview the following day with the manager and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions seemed fairly routine. Asked about past work experience and how I've handled difficult customers in the past.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York & Company.

Applied online, interviewed with Dm then interviewed with store manager. Met several employees while interviewing. Lengthy online application process. Store manager didn't show much interest in what I actually had to say, he talked most of the interview. He also overcharged about the current manager staff, oppurtunities etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was thinking about moving back to my home state.   Answer Question
    Was a bit of room for negotiation, but was on the high end of salary range since it was based on my experience and current salary when coming to NYCO.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York & Company.

I walked in and dropped off an application. I was immediately set up with an interview. We sat on a couch in the mall. It was a fairly relaxed atmosphere. The manager was very nice and asked me standard interview questions: "Why NY&C", "What could you bring to the team", "Why should I hire you". At the end of the interview the manager said I would be contacted in 2-3 days. I never hear back. I called back on the 5th day just to check the status and was told they were still talking amongst themselves and would call by the end of the week. I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roosevelt, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roosevelt, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York & Company in October 2014.

I applied online I got called back within a week or so I had a job interview today questions were pretty basic the interview went great & I got hired on the spot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York & Company.

Applied online, got a call about a week later to set up an interview time. During the interview was asked numerous questions, mostly dealing with how I would handle certain situations or to give examples of situations I've been in. I was offered the job as soon as the interview finished.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York & Company.

It was a pretty easy interview. They ask typical sales associate interview questions. Nothing too crazy or difficult. They ask about your background, your experience in retail and in other fields and why you want to work there. It took only one interview with the store manager. It's part-time so be ready they don't give you many hours. You will need another job too.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in my case.

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York & Company in August 2014.

Interview was extremely basic. Questions were asked such as 'Name a time in which you experienced great customer service' or 'What would you do in this situation (saw someone stealing from the store, unruly customers, etc.)' It was a group interview as well, so be prepared in case you have to go against any other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to help the company's customer retention and turnover rates?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York & Company in August 2014.

Went in and handed an application I printed offline as well as my resume and college/HS diploma certificates and I was interviewed on the spot. Got a call a few days later to interview with the other manager and assistant manager and the very next day I was called and hired.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult at all, it was more personal questions and how you would handle a difficult customer and/or an experience with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they base your pay on experience.