New York & Company Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York & Company (Roosevelt, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online I got called back within a week or so I had a job interview today questions were pretty basic the interview went great & I got hired on the spot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

NY&Co. came to my college's Career Fair in which I introduced myself to one of their employees. I was honest about not having retail experience but she must have seen my desire to work at NY&Co. So she asked me to fill out an application and come back to her. Once I filled out the application she introduced me to another employee. The second woman glanced at my resume (full of volunteer leadership experience) and asked me what I could bring to NY&Co. I replied, "you can teach me the skills needed to perform a task but you can't teach others my desire to work and passion for people". We shook hands and I went home. An hour and a half later, I received a call from NY&Co. offering me a permanent part time position as a Sales Associate starting $9/hr. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I asked for $11 on the application and was offered $9. I was told that is the starting rate for all sale associates.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with HR-- Very nice person. I thought the interview went great. After much follow-up on my part (ie..e-mail, letter, hand written thank you note, multiple phone calls) several months later, the job is still posted & I have not heard yay or nay.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think any of the interview questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in person and the following week I got an interview. The following week I was offered a position, so it was a speedy process in general.

Interview Questions

• At the time that I applied the store credit card was fairly new so they were looking for people who were comfortable with pushing sales. I'd never sold a credit card before or did formal sales.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York & Company (Bronx, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I approached an Associate Manager one day to request an application. She gave me one, indicated that I should attach a resume and return on Friday when the General Manager would be there. She then put in a good word for me and I came in to see the General Manager. She set up an interview with me for 2pm on Saturday. During that interview I explained why I wanted the job, what my plans were for that year, and my former experience. The SSL explained a bit about the company, dress code, and what my expectations would be. Then she offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for the base salary appropriate to my experience level and it was granted.

Project Manager, Multi-channel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was great. Friendly and direct. This was, however, before the company's culture shifted

Negotiation

an agreement was made quickly

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable so that I was to nervous and at the end of the interview I was offered the job.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

first i met with the human resources coordinator and she asked me about my experiences. then she scheduled for me to interview with the buyer within the department they were hiring for and i interviewed with her and she pretty much asked all questions about my experiences like an exam type

Interview Questions

• what were your previous employers like   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in June 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR over the phone, and then met with the hiring manager. I also met a team member, but the hiring manager made the decision on hiring and meeting team members was a formality. It took a long time for the company to make an offer, although all my interviews took place within a month and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. In hindsight, there may have been a little room to negotiate, but only a little because the company pays market value and entry salaries are good.