New York & Company Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager, Multi-channel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company in September 2011.

The interview process was great. Friendly and direct. This was, however, before the company's culture shifted

an agreement was made quickly

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at New York & Company in June 2013.

Met with HR-- Very nice person. I thought the interview went great. After much follow-up on my part (ie..e-mail, letter, hand written thank you note, multiple phone calls) several months later, the job is still posted & I have not heard yay or nay.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any of the interview questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at New York & Company in September 2013.

NY&Co. came to my college's Career Fair in which I introduced myself to one of their employees. I was honest about not having retail experience but she must have seen my desire to work at NY&Co. So she asked me to fill out an application and come back to her. Once I filled out the application she introduced me to another employee. The second woman glanced at my resume (full of volunteer leadership experience) and asked me what I could bring to NY&Co. I replied, "you can teach me the skills needed to perform a task but you can't teach others my desire to work and passion for people". We shook hands and I went home. An hour and a half later, I received a call from NY&Co. offering me a permanent part time position as a Sales Associate starting $9/hr. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate. I asked for $11 on the application and was offered $9. I was told that is the starting rate for all sale associates.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York & Company.

I applied in person and the following week I got an interview. The following week I was offered a position, so it was a speedy process in general.

Interview Questions
    • At the time that I applied the store credit card was fairly new so they were looking for people who were comfortable with pushing sales. I'd never sold a credit card before or did formal sales.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at New York & Company in July 2012.

I approached an Associate Manager one day to request an application. She gave me one, indicated that I should attach a resume and return on Friday when the General Manager would be there. She then put in a good word for me and I came in to see the General Manager. She set up an interview with me for 2pm on Saturday. During that interview I explained why I wanted the job, what my plans were for that year, and my former experience. The SSL explained a bit about the company, dress code, and what my expectations would be. Then she offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I asked for the base salary appropriate to my experience level and it was granted.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York & Company in August 2009.

The interviewer was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable so that I was to nervous and at the end of the interview I was offered the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at New York & Company in June 2008.

I was interviewed by HR over the phone, and then met with the hiring manager. I also met a team member, but the hiring manager made the decision on hiring and meeting team members was a formality. It took a long time for the company to make an offer, although all my interviews took place within a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. In hindsight, there may have been a little room to negotiate, but only a little because the company pays market value and entry salaries are good.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York & Company in March 2009.

first i met with the human resources coordinator and she asked me about my experiences. then she scheduled for me to interview with the buyer within the department they were hiring for and i interviewed with her and she pretty much asked all questions about my experiences like an exam type

Interview Questions
    • what were your previous employers like   View Answer

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!