NewDay USA

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at NewDay USA

Interview Details – I was contacted by a requiter via LinkedIn. I had a short conversation with the requiter on the phone which led to an in person interview at their headquarters. The interview process went well. It was relaxing and not totally demanding. There was a curve ball at the end of the interview. They gave me a math test. I was not expecting this at all. The math was just basic math up to algebra.

Interview Question – The math test.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NewDay USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Once you come in for a meeting with the recruiter, they will give you a tour of the business and sales floor. Its a very competitive environment with sales board on big led TV screens. Think boiler room meets wolf of wall street in terms of what you are doing for this job. You are being trained to be a mortgage loan officer toward the veteran population. The salary is based on 40k, but it is hourly, with overtime looked highly upon, so expect 6 days a week and 60 hours of time put in, but a time sheet that says 49 due to laws concerning overtime. The pluses are upward mobility within a burgeoning company. The negatives are selling your soul and selling an overpriced product to unsuspecting veterans.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with a lot of overtime?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is not a reputable job in terms of a career beyond being a loan officer.

Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NewDay USA in June 2014.

Interview Details – At first it's very simple, you have a phone screening and then you set up a date for an interview which last about 1 hour and you have to take a basic math test in 30 min. The test is not hard but I will guarantee you that it will catch you off guard if you do not have a math related major. You will then have a second interview with one of the board members and you will be waiting in the office for 6-7 hours for the interview (i've heard they do this to see how bad you want the job). I will also say that the recruiter seemed somewhat sketchy and they seem to really push the amount of money you will make (if you are willing to work 55-70 plus some weekends). I will also point out that the board member really seemed like a pompous jerk and he loved boasting about the amount of money he makes. You should also expect to be grilled with unnecessary questions during your interview with him. Lastly, I would recommend using your instincts on this one, the company is trying to find desperate college students who are in need of a job (indicates high turnover rate). You could easily find a job with less hours that will pay the same or more. If you take the time to look around in the office you will see that only a few cubicles have pictures of their family(indicates no life beyond work). If you are willing to work and not have a life than this is the job for you. If you want to get into this industry I would recommend accepting the offer and use their training that is provided free, if you pass all of the certifications I would recommend finding a job with a different company that provides better pay and hours.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Waiting 6-7 hours for an interview really showed what this company was all about. The hours were ridiculous with the amount of pay. Reading the fake positive reviews on glassdoor was crucial for my decision. I also conducted some basic background information on the company and the recruiter which I found very interesting to say the least. I also had other offers that were available to me at the time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NewDay USA in March 2014.

Interview Details – First Step of the interview is a phone screening. You are typically contacted by a recruiter who will guage whether you're interested in coming in for a tour of the office, from there you will be brought in for a face to face interview, given a tour of the office and then take a math skills assessment

Interview Question – Interview questions are very standard and generic, not too many situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you are paid hourly with overtime of no more than 49 hours a week with which annualizes to 40,000 a year, non-negotiable

Columbia, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview Details – Came in to interview, and I could tell the recruiter wasn't listening to a word I was saying. She offered me the opportunity to continue forward with the hiring process, but her demeanor was enough for me to realize that it wasnt a good fit.

Interview Question – They told me I'd be working 55-70 hours a week with my weekends as well. I'm all for working hard, but I dont think that working long hours is the same as working hard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours seemed ridiculous. The reviews here and by friends told me it's a sweat shop. The look of displeasure on all of the employees faces. The recruiter that didn't listen to me.

Fulton, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NewDay USA in October 2012.

Interview Details – Will talk w/ a recruiter. Will tell you NewDay is great but you have to work hard. Will interview with Paul Alger. Will tell you the top AE makes 500k per you and that 24 year olds make over 100k in the first year. tells you less than 50% make it. If you can talk and played a sport you will get the job. If you can talk and didn't play a sport you may not get the job, I hope your dad is a mailman or farmer. If you cant talk and you didn't play a sport but you are a cute girl they will find somewhere for you to work.

Interview Question – Do you have a girlfriend?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview Details – NewDay USA brings the "best and the brightest" in to their company. The interview process (and the interviewer) seems very disconcerting. In fact, all those that I spoke with at the company claimed that they were only there for the money that "could" be made. The interviewer (who shall remain nameless) could not tell me how the company made its money, even after I asked him several direct and indirect questions pertaining to the matter. This company reeks of obscurity and upper management reminded me of Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. The bottom line is that this is a cut-throat, churn-and-burn company. The interviewer will give that impression, even though he/she claims that this is not the case.

Interview Question – "Lets talk about adversity. Tell me a time that you suffered adversity in your life."   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a job at an honest company.

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview Details – unconventional interviewing hours but recruiters are nice and friendly

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview Details – Interview with Recruiter, President, and CEO himself.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Interviewed at NewDay USA

Interview Details – They seem extremely eager to get you in the door. From reading the reviews I knew it was a high turnover position but they don't want you to know about that. You have to interview with the CEO in order to receive an offer. I cannot image being a person who was tricked into taking the position because they did not read glassdoor reviews

Interview Question – Strengths and Weaknessess   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NewDay USA

Worked for NewDay USA? Contribute to the Community!