NewDay USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at NewDay USA

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NewDay USA.

First received an email from a recruiter that they were interested in setting up an interview based on my Linkedin profile. Communicated by email for a phone interview, which was just a screening to see if one is interested in the position. I had an interview with the recruiter a few days later. Showed up at their headquarters, waited for the recruiter for a little bit then got a tour of the offices. Throughout the tour was told how there is tons of possibilities to move up if one works hard. Also glorifying their top Accountant Executive and telling how much they earn. (Mind you this is an exception, but not the rule). During the interview the recruiter stated that "if your mindset is; company first, people at the company second and then your interests you'll do well." The recruiter was very upfront about the hours one needs to put in as an Account Executive and what they're looking for in new employees. The training to become a mortgage broker seemed like they do invest quiet a bit of time and money into new hires. Interview questions were general questions one will face. They also like to see on the resume a consistent timeline of work experience. Also they give you math test at the end of the interview, algebra and pre-calc. All in all, it was an ok experience and the recruiter was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: How I paid for my college tuition...   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and heard back a week later. Interviewed at NewDay USA. I arrived to the interview on time even though I had to wait 20 minutes for the recruiter to meet with me. Most of the employees there were young professionals. Was given a math test at the end which wasn't too difficult. They give you 30 minutes to complete it.

Account Executive Interview

I was contacted by a requiter via LinkedIn. I had a short conversation with the requiter on the phone which led to an in person interview at their headquarters. The interview process went well. It was relaxing and not totally demanding. There was a curve ball at the end of the interview. They gave me a math test. I was not expecting this at all. The math was just basic math up to algebra.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NewDay USA in May 2014.

Once you come in for a meeting with the recruiter, they will give you a tour of the business and sales floor. Its a very competitive environment with sales board on big led TV screens. Think boiler room meets wolf of wall street in terms of what you are doing for this job. You are being trained to be a mortgage loan officer toward the veteran population. The salary is based on 40k, but it is hourly, with overtime looked highly upon, so expect 6 days a week and 60 hours of time put in, but a time sheet that says 49 due to laws concerning overtime. The pluses are upward mobility within a burgeoning company. The negatives are selling your soul and selling an overpriced product to unsuspecting veterans.

Interview Questions

It is not a reputable job in terms of a career beyond being a loan officer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NewDay USA in June 2014.

At first it's very simple, you have a phone screening and then you set up a date for an interview which last about 1 hour and you have to take a basic math test in 30 min. The test is not hard but I will guarantee you that it will catch you off guard if you do not have a math related major. You will then have a second interview with one of the board members and you will be waiting in the office for 6-7 hours for the interview (i've heard they do this to see how bad you want the job). I will also say that the recruiter seemed somewhat sketchy and they seem to really push the amount of money you will make (if you are willing to work 55-70 plus some weekends). I will also point out that the board member really seemed like a pompous jerk and he loved boasting about the amount of money he makes. You should also expect to be grilled with unnecessary questions during your interview with him. Lastly, I would recommend using your instincts on this one, the company is trying to find desperate college students who are in need of a job (indicates high turnover rate). You could easily find a job with less hours that will pay the same or more. If you take the time to look around in the office you will see that only a few cubicles have pictures of their family(indicates no life beyond work). If you are willing to work and not have a life than this is the job for you. If you want to get into this industry I would recommend accepting the offer and use their training that is provided free, if you pass all of the certifications I would recommend finding a job with a different company that provides better pay and hours.

Interview Questions

Waiting 6-7 hours for an interview really showed what this company was all about. The hours were ridiculous with the amount of pay. Reading the fake positive reviews on glassdoor was crucial for my decision. I also conducted some basic background information on the company and the recruiter which I found very interesting to say the least. I also had other offers that were available to me at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NewDay USA in March 2014.

First Step of the interview is a phone screening. You are typically contacted by a recruiter who will guage whether you're interested in coming in for a tour of the office, from there you will be brought in for a face to face interview, given a tour of the office and then take a math skills assessment

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are very standard and generic, not too many situational questions.   Answer Question
    you are paid hourly with overtime of no more than 49 hours a week with which annualizes to 40,000 a year, non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NewDay USA.

Came in to interview, and I could tell the recruiter wasn't listening to a word I was saying. She offered me the opportunity to continue forward with the hiring process, but her demeanor was enough for me to realize that it wasnt a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • They told me I'd be working 55-70 hours a week with my weekends as well. I'm all for working hard, but I dont think that working long hours is the same as working hard.   Answer Question

Hours seemed ridiculous. The reviews here and by friends told me it's a sweat shop. The look of displeasure on all of the employees faces. The recruiter that didn't listen to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NewDay USA in October 2012.

Will talk w/ a recruiter. Will tell you NewDay is great but you have to work hard. Will interview with Paul Alger. Will tell you the top AE makes 500k per you and that 24 year olds make over 100k in the first year. tells you less than 50% make it. If you can talk and played a sport you will get the job. If you can talk and didn't play a sport you may not get the job, I hope your dad is a mailman or farmer. If you cant talk and you didn't play a sport but you are a cute girl they will find somewhere for you to work.

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NewDay USA.

NewDay USA brings the "best and the brightest" in to their company. The interview process (and the interviewer) seems very disconcerting. In fact, all those that I spoke with at the company claimed that they were only there for the money that "could" be made. The interviewer (who shall remain nameless) could not tell me how the company made its money, even after I asked him several direct and indirect questions pertaining to the matter. This company reeks of obscurity and upper management reminded me of Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. The bottom line is that this is a cut-throat, churn-and-burn company. The interviewer will give that impression, even though he/she claims that this is not the case.

Interview Questions
    • "Lets talk about adversity. Tell me a time that you suffered adversity in your life."   View Answer

Got a job at an honest company.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NewDay USA.

unconventional interviewing hours but recruiters are nice and friendly

Worked for NewDay USA? Contribute to the Community!