NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

applied online, recruiter interview was mostly situational on how you would handle a given situaton. mostly behavioral questions. practice before going to the interview and always wear a smile. always have the right attitude.

New Grad Position Interview

Meet and Greet Event. You meet with nurse recruiters. There's about 4-5 people for each nurse recruiter. When I interviewed there were 800 applicants. They asked one question which was why nursing.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Applied online, and was emailed almost 2 months later with boilerplate language from a no-reply email to set up phone interview. The phone screen took about 5 minutes, during which the recruiter, who knew nothing about the position, asked me two questions about my current job (which was not related particularly to the position I was applying for, despite other relevant experience listed on my CV) and then asked for a salary requirement, without offering any information about the position or opportunities to ask any questions.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, but the screen itself seemed to exist only to weed out people based on salary needs.   Answer Question

New Grad Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Took roughly six months with group interview, and individual interviews.Just be prepared to pitch yourself and alll the accomplishments you have made in your life. They want to see how passionate you are about the nursing profession. They are also very interested in knowing why you want a specific department and why you want NYP out of the many different hospital choices. I would recommend going on the page and reading the mission statement and values of the hospital so you can incorporate that into your responses. If it looks like you did your research on the hospital beforehand, it will probably give you some leverage.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online around October & received email to request a phone interview. the questions were easy like why u wanna be part of our team? why NYP? a couple days days later they requested to take online basically math/ reading test. 2 weeks later i had interview with 2 managers, basic interview questions such as tell me about yoursel, how u heard about us. Describe a bad situation with a customer or co worker involved.

Interview Questions
    • tell me step by step a report involving a use of force.   Answer Question
    they have a standard rate but is ok

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Email from HR... 5 minute phone interview with recruiter... Waited almost a month to hear back from hiring department for an in person interview. I had a panel interview which I was not advised of... 3 weeks later was emailed stating I was one of the candidates still in the running and needed to have another interview. After the last interview 2 1/2 weeks later was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was offered an amount and I counter offer within 24 hours management met me in the middle

Clinical Manager Interview

Expect to wait a long time between stages of the process- be patient and persistent. First you interview with a recruiter, who asks scenario-based questions, as in, "tell me about a time when... what did you do?" If you "pass" pass this stage, you interview with the departmental director. This interview is more traditional, "tell me a bit about yourself," and "how would you describe your leadership style?" If you "pass" this stage, you come in for long day of interviews. Expect to be interviewed by staff nurses, other clinical managers, patient care directors, medical directors, VPs of nursing, and staffing coordinators. These interviews vary based on the interviewer. Then expect to wait. For a while. If you've made it though the process this far, you will eventually get a call with the decision, either way.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to give examples of how you would resolve clinical leadership problems- not just in the moment, but taking action to prevent problems from recurring.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate, was told the salary was not negotiable.

Junior Accountant Interview

The interview took about an hour, 2 rounds of interviews, so around 30 mins for each interviewer. Both interviewers were from accounting department. The interview was about introduce yourself and they explained the job duties.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

I applied for the new grad meet and greet event. I was invited back three times for interviews at three different locations with different people. the process was lengthy. I applied in May and finished the last rounds of interview in Oct. in the end, I still didn't get any offers. the competition was just intense.

Lab Assistant Interview

2 interviews; 1 test; typing test-easy going; describe how you dealt with an irate patient was the hardest question; just remain confident; i didnt even know my interview was going to be when it was held; the interview is right after the test

Interview Questions
    negotiation was open but i didnt