Newark Element 14

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newark Element 14.

Interview Details – Questions are heavily focused on examples. Come prepared to give examples on experiences with customers, sales, and difficult situations. How did you work with customer/sales to resolve an issue? What would you do if you had to deal with an unreasonable request from sales/customer? ETC..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the quality of a decision you made was not as good as you hoped?   Answer Question
  • Lead me through your decision-making on a difficult problem you worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would suggest asking for more, they will offer you the least amount closest to your request.

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in June 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone I interviewed with seemed miserable at the company. Management seemed disinterested in the whole process but yet offered me a job. It just didn't feel right so I took another offer.

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel I'd have the proper support to succeed.

Very Difficult Interview

Inbound Sales Manager Interview

Richfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in January 2010.

Interview Details – Job opening posted, I applied, had a meeting with my potential boss, then with HR, then an official interview with my potential boss and HR.

Interview Question – None. Competency Based Interview, but I was as prepared as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-applicable

Global ECommerce Delivery Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in November 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 4 hour face to face in Ravenswood office, two-hour video conference with Leeds, UK managers

Interview Question – Specific questions about technologies used in the online platform, eg Endeca and back office systems that feed/support the front end   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – able to negotiate more paid vacation time

Very Easy Interview

Job Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in December 2011.

Interview Details – This is not the place you want to work. The building is a total dump and the people I met with were just plain weird. You walk in and the building honestly feels like the 70's show - with bathrooms that haven't been updated in 40 years and people who honestly behave like they're from another era. This may have been the strangest interview to date. It was clear that management had no clue what they were doing and were bringing someone to help them pick up the mess they created. The recruiter seemed a little off center too. As strange as this interview was I got an offer but there was no way I was going to take it. The reviews on this site are truthful. This is not a place you want to be. Two words to describe the company would be dysfunctional and shady.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in June 2009.

Interview Details – interviewed with branch manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – offered salary and accepted

Marketing/Sales Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for over 3 months for a management level position. The interview process seemed unorganized and longer than it needed to be. By the 10th interview I had the impression that most people interviewing me didn't really understand why they were selected to interview me or how the position fit into organization's strategic goals.

The Hiring Manager and Human Resource Manager didn't follow up with me between interviews and each provided me with a date that the interview process would be completed. The dates were incorrect and neither one followed up with me on either occasion. Each time I assumed another candidate was selected but after a few days the Human Resource Admin called to schedule another interview with a different manager.

The entire interview process was time consuming and unorganized. After 3 months of interviewing I didn't hear back from anyone within the company. When I called to talk to the HR Manager he said "The hiring manager didn't follow up with me, and I don't know where we are at in the process. I will get back to back to you by the end of the week". That was over 3 weeks ago.

Through out the entire interview process each person I talked to emphasized that the company recognized that employee moral was low due to lay-offs, management style, and declining business. But they were focused on turning the business around and changing the organizational culture. If the interview process is a reflection of that change, they have a long way to go.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to modify your approach to make a sale.   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in July 2007.

Interview Details – very thorough and professional but very slow
5 separate interviews including two by video conf to head of HR and COO in uk
long gaps in between
probing searching questions
HR typical q's- you know the kind

Interview Question – give me an example of when you took a leadership role in a situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none - they offered, I accepted

Manager Unix Engineering Interview

Manager Unix Engineering
Shunyi (China)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Newark Element 14 in December 2009.

Interview Details – Experience is the best teachers

Interview Question – Chiness yuan   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Seaman

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Newark Element 14? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newark Element 14 interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Newark Element 14 employees and interview candidates.