Newark Element 14

Updated Dec 25, 2014
Updated Dec 25, 2014

2.6

Business Development Interview

Most of the hiring peeps have not been in the industry or sales for that matter to ask questions that are relevant to the position. Ask how long the manager has been there and how many years they have in the electronic industry

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newark Element 14.

Came in Multiple times. Panel interview and product portfolio review (mock presentation) were used. Some people seems to have it together, others were all over the board. Took forever to make a decision

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newark Element 14.

Questions are heavily focused on examples. Come prepared to give examples on experiences with customers, sales, and difficult situations. How did you work with customer/sales to resolve an issue? What would you do if you had to deal with an unreasonable request from sales/customer? ETC..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when the quality of a decision you made was not as good as you hoped?   Answer Question
    • Lead me through your decision-making on a difficult problem you worked on.   Answer Question
    I would suggest asking for more, they will offer you the least amount closest to your request.

Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Newark Element 14 in June 2013.

Everyone I interviewed with seemed miserable at the company. Management seemed disinterested in the whole process but yet offered me a job. It just didn't feel right so I took another offer.

I didn't feel I'd have the proper support to succeed.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newark Element 14 in January 2013.

If you do not know someone important that currently works there you can easily be overlooked and not considered or even given a letter to inform the applicant of the decision. Numerous recruiters have been let go for this very reason.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel about expected overtime that may be required   Answer Question

Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newark Element 14 in December 2011.

This is not the place you want to work. The building is a total dump and the people I met with were just plain weird. You walk in and the building honestly feels like the 70's show - with bathrooms that haven't been updated in 40 years and people who honestly behave like they're from another era. This may have been the strangest interview to date. It was clear that management had no clue what they were doing and were bringing someone to help them pick up the mess they created. The recruiter seemed a little off center too. As strange as this interview was I got an offer but there was no way I was going to take it. The reviews on this site are truthful. This is not a place you want to be. Two words to describe the company would be dysfunctional and shady.

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newark Element 14 in April 2010.

I interviewed for over 3 months for a management level position. The interview process seemed unorganized and longer than it needed to be. By the 10th interview I had the impression that most people interviewing me didn't really understand why they were selected to interview me or how the position fit into organization's strategic goals.

The Hiring Manager and Human Resource Manager didn't follow up with me between interviews and each provided me with a date that the interview process would be completed. The dates were incorrect and neither one followed up with me on either occasion. Each time I assumed another candidate was selected but after a few days the Human Resource Admin called to schedule another interview with a different manager.

The entire interview process was time consuming and unorganized. After 3 months of interviewing I didn't hear back from anyone within the company. When I called to talk to the HR Manager he said "The hiring manager didn't follow up with me, and I don't know where we are at in the process. I will get back to back to you by the end of the week". That was over 3 weeks ago.

Through out the entire interview process each person I talked to emphasized that the company recognized that employee moral was low due to lay-offs, management style, and declining business. But they were focused on turning the business around and changing the organizational culture. If the interview process is a reflection of that change, they have a long way to go.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to modify your approach to make a sale.   View Answer

Inbound Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Newark Element 14 in January 2010.

Job opening posted, I applied, had a meeting with my potential boss, then with HR, then an official interview with my potential boss and HR.

Interview Questions
    • None. Competency Based Interview, but I was as prepared as possible.   Answer Question
    Non-applicable

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newark Element 14 in June 2009.

interviewed with branch manager

offered salary and accepted

Global ECommerce Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Newark Element 14 in November 2008.

Phone interview, 4 hour face to face in Ravenswood office, two-hour video conference with Leeds, UK managers

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about technologies used in the online platform, eg Endeca and back office systems that feed/support the front end   Answer Question
    able to negotiate more paid vacation time