Newark Public Schools

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newark Public Schools

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newark Public Schools.

It took 2 weeks to get a call from them. The first round was telephonic which lasted 30 mins

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newark Public Schools in January 2012.

I applied on teachnewark.com. After almost one year of emails saying I'm applied to be hired and I didn't have urban teaching experience, I finally got an email from a recruiter about a job. One day later, I received a call from a principal to set up an interview. After the interview went well, I was called that night to do a demo lesson. I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    Be patient, takes a while

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Newark Public Schools in October 2008.

Have fingerprinting-Doctor's Full Exam cleared of communitive diseases. Write essay on teaching. Think about how you would run a classroom A-Z.

Interview Questions
    • How would you plan the success of your classroom the first month, 3 months, next 6 months. How would you help students.   View Answer
    As A Sub there wasn't any. As a F/T hire you should inquire all that you may want and what they have to offer.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newark Public Schools in May 2008.

The job was posted online. I posted my resume on the company website. After about two months, I was called in for an interview. There was only one interview with three interviewers. They went over the description of the position. They asked questions and follow-ups. After the interview, they gave me a scenario on a computer for me to describe and implement. They told me of their decision a few weeks later. I was given a few days o think it over.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would I perform in order to address a Internet connection problem without the benefit of a network diagram.   Answer Question