Newedge Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
14 interviews

3.2

ESolutions/IT Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Newedge.

I applied online through a indeed. I got an email from HR about a week later and had the interview soon after.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were mostly behavioral, they really wanted to know what type of person I was. Am I able to admit when I've mad a mistake? Things like that.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship, so no negotiation. I wanted the learning experience more than anything.

Quant Researcher Interview

I had an internal referral and my manager basically hired me without questioning.

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Newedge in March 2010.

I interviewed with the CIO / VP. Frenchman. Very nice guy. Couldn't understand him much. But he had a great philosophy. You can teach technology, you can't teach personality.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding the question... very thick French accent.   Answer Question
    My recruiter handled.. quite flexible.

API Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Newedge in May 2010.

Had a couple of interviews, they went well. Didn't end up getting the job. I would apply there again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Provided a FIX log and asked me to detail everything on it. Was difficult to do from memory without my FIX analysis cheat sheets I like to use. Probably cost me the position. I've since memorized FIX specs   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newedge in October 2011.

The initial phone interview with HR was quick and to the point, and consisted of some typical phone screen questions. Following the initial phone screen, an onsite 1:1 interview was scheduled which I felt went well and lasted a little more than an hour. The final interview happened a few weeks after that and was scheduled to be with several other members of the team. The interview itself wasn’t very difficult and it also seemed to go pretty well. After several weeks went by with no feedback, it was finally communicated that the position was filled with an internal candidate.

Business Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newedge in December 2009.

First interview was via phone. The second, third and fourth were in person.

Director Compensation & Benefits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newedge in April 2010.

A series of panel interviews with HR and Finance people. The finance folks were sharp...the HR folks not too.
    The org is really screwed up and after many interviews they decided to promote from within. It was obvious that the staff was overworked but also under-qualified for their positions. They were looking to bring in expertise to do the dirty work but not make the necessary changes. They made it clear that they wanted the payroll supervisor fired.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your experience with managing a difficult situation?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Newedge in February 2010.

Submitted an application online via a job board (monster, career builder, yahoo, etc.). Then I received a call back from their HR and had a brief screening interview that was a basic overview of my resume and background. What I had done in my past and what I was doing now and why I was looking to change. Then they told me a little about the role and advised that they were looking to get someone in right away and that the hours were a little bit odd (10am-7pm) and that I would also have to be available to work on Holidays. After still being ok with that I was then asked to come in for a face to face with the Supervisor of the department and with her Boss.

The face to face interview turned into a group interview due to time constraints on Newedge's part. Both the supervisor and the Director were both present. They again outlined the role and that they were looking for someone who could hit the ground running. Someone who was proactive and could manage things independantly, as they would be working with one of their top tier clients as the main point of contact during the late hours.

I provided examples of how I had handled clients in the past, how I had utilized multi-tasking in my job and worked independantly. As well, as how I had worked with a team and how I had prioritized tasks on the fly, in a fast paced environment.

The only "negative" feedback that I received in the interview - when I asked for feedback from the director as to what he saw as any skillsets of mine that I might need for the role - he said - none - his only concern was that I might be too "over qualified" and he was concerned that I might not be challenged enough in the position. So this role may be best for someone with minimum 3 years client service, but no more than 7 years, and definitely no management experience or front office/sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were basic - the most challenging thing of the role was working or being "available" to work ALL holidays.   View Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Newedge in February 2010.

The position in Japan requires understanding of local regulations as well as sound audit methodologies. The process has been driven by SG having acquired Newedge. Therefore, the interviewing process should be consistent with SG's.

Desk Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Newedge in May 2012.

Good experiance as they move quickly now under SG it maybe a whole load slower and very much about if you went to the right school and not really about what you can add to the firm.

Interview Questions

Worked for Newedge? Contribute to the Community!