Newegg Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.5

Merchandiser/Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Newegg in May 2013.

Got a call and email from HR to confirm the interview. Based on the email, the interview will last 5 hours and interviewers are 5 people from different functions. Went to the interview, talked to HR first, whose English is barely understandable. HR went out, 4 people interviewed me, every one of them warned me it is a fast paced working environment and very challenging business model. Then I waited for 30 mins for the last people to interview me, HR finally remembered, came in, apologized, said the person is having meetings and I need to come over the next day. The next day, interviewed with 3 people, answered some random questions and looks like pretty much all the employees are Chinese.

The interview process is very unprofessional, it is the most unprofessional interview experience I've had in my career life.

And the end, they didn't offer me and they couldn't tell me the reason, and they verbally confirmed they want someone who is committed........

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Feels like none of the interviewers know they are going to interview you, when they walk in the meeting room and look at you, they then look at the resume for the first time.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Newegg in April 2014.

The interview was great. I felt like I had a real opportunity to move up with a great company. I felt the managers quickly asserted the details of the job and made me feel good for applying. The atmosphere was comfortable and was not high-stress.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I handled a difficult experience at my previous job and how I could have handled it better. Good question.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. Their offer seemed fair at the time.

Purchasing Administrator Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in March 2013.

-Online profile creation and submission.
    -Online Resume submission.
    -Brief phone interview with recruiter.
    -In-House interview scheduling.
    -In-house interview: 1:1 or 2:1 - between 5 to 6 interviewers
    -Counteroffer may take place
    -More counteroffer may take place.
    -Orientation and First Day

Interview Questions
    In-house recruiter sends out offer letter, then countered, re-countered, and accepted.

Product Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Newegg.

Reached out by internal HR via email referenced of my public profile, in person interview was set up after the phone interview with HR.
    Interviewed with head of the division but I was not impress by their knowledge and experience. They were very impressed by my experience and knowledge and keep asking for the solutions to the problems for current company's situation, also ask to prepare business plan proposal. I politely refused because I felt like they are try to take an advantage of me, besides it's against my work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • All the basic usual interview questions.
      Unexpected question:
      1. Can you prepare a business proposal how to improve our company current situation?
      2. You are so experienced, why didn't you start your own company?
        View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in November 2012.

It took me 5 hours (2 - 7pm) with different 10 peoples. It is terrible exp. Few of them are professional. Most of them will ask you same question like any other places. Their HR dept. is really disappointed. I even heard they report to company owner (Fred) that they only confirm 3 people of 60+ peoples interview in past 3 months. What a joke! He even said they keep rest as backup choice and won't give feedback. I am really glad they didn't give me offer.
    One more funniest thing is the last HR person even said he had to finish all paperwork of my interview when the time is over 7:00pm. Otherwise, I had to go back in next day. He was doing me a favor. haha!!

Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in March 2014.

Phone interviewed, then scheduled for Interview at Newegg. I was led to a conference room and sat. The interview started with the head of HR department, took about 2:30 hour and I have met and talked to 6 person one by one. Everyone I have met at the interview are very nice and professional, each person took about 20 minutes and they all asked if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your recent job?
      Why do you think you can take on this position?
      Why do you want to work at Newegg?
      What's most challenging to you at your previous jobs?
      What are the mistakes you have made from your last job?
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

(1) HR phone contact, basic questions
    (2) Manager interview

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in November 2013.

I was approached by their internal headhunter for a product manager position. I was initially interested because of the strong brand name in the online world for electronics. I arrived and was taken to a meeting room where I was told I would be meeting with various directors. I believe I waited for about 10 minutes for the first person to interview me. She was nice and polite and overall it went okay. She left and said I will be meeting with another director. I waited for over 25 minutes for the second person and I was seriously thinking they forgot that I was in the meeting room. Finally the next person came in and he seems completely caught off guard. He said he was not planning on interviewing anyone today and that they pulled him unexpectedly to interview me and he had not had a chance to look at my resume. I met with 4 or 5 people total and each person asked me what position I was interviewing for. My impression was that they were completely unorganized. They had not prepared for the interview. I was very disappointed with the experience. Plus to top it all off, I asked each and everyone if they liked it and if they were happy at this company and none of them never gave me a straight answer. They dodged the question by answering that it was a very good company and if you pay your dues and work hard you eventually get compensated. I never heard the words, enjoy, happy, content, satisfied, fun place to work or anything to that effect.

In the end they determined I was a better fit in the marketing department/ecommerce but I declined to reschedule another interview with that department.

Interview Questions
    • All the interview questions were for the most part straight forward i.e.. walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?, Why should we hire you? etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Newegg.

Spoke with the HR representative over the phone. They call at the most random times so I wish they would send an email first and schedule a time, rather than expect you to be free 24/7 to speak to them. HR asked the general questions, but it seemed like they wanted too much experience for an entry level job. I just wish they would have told me that I didn't get to the next step. It only takes 1 minute.

Marketing Manager Interview

Meet 4 people in one day. Background check mostly. Average interview experience. No case style questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Newegg? Contribute to the Community!