Newegg

Relevance Date Difficulty

Purchasing Administrator Lead Interview

Purchasing Administrator Lead
City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in March 2013.

Interview Details – -Online profile creation and submission.
-Online Resume submission.
-Brief phone interview with recruiter.
-In-House interview scheduling.
-In-house interview: 1:1 or 2:1 - between 5 to 6 interviewers
-Counteroffer may take place
-More counteroffer may take place.
-Orientation and First Day

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In-house recruiter sends out offer letter, then countered, re-countered, and accepted.

Product Management Interview

Product Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newegg.

Interview Details – Reached out by internal HR via email referenced of my public profile, in person interview was set up after the phone interview with HR.
Interviewed with head of the division but I was not impress by their knowledge and experience. They were very impressed by my experience and knowledge and keep asking for the solutions to the problems for current company's situation, also ask to prepare business plan proposal. I politely refused because I felt like they are try to take an advantage of me, besides it's against my work ethic.

Interview Question – All the basic usual interview questions.
Unexpected question:
1. Can you prepare a business proposal how to improve our company current situation?
2. You are so experienced, why didn't you start your own company?
  View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
City of Industry, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in November 2012.

Interview Details – It took me 5 hours (2 - 7pm) with different 10 peoples. It is terrible exp. Few of them are professional. Most of them will ask you same question like any other places. Their HR dept. is really disappointed. I even heard they report to company owner (Fred) that they only confirm 3 people of 60+ peoples interview in past 3 months. What a joke! He even said they keep rest as backup choice and won't give feedback. I am really glad they didn't give me offer.
One more funniest thing is the last HR person even said he had to finish all paperwork of my interview when the time is over 7:00pm. Otherwise, I had to go back in next day. He was doing me a favor. haha!!

Interview Question – None. Just treat as a game   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed, then scheduled for Interview at Newegg. I was led to a conference room and sat. The interview started with the head of HR department, took about 2:30 hour and I have met and talked to 6 person one by one. Everyone I have met at the interview are very nice and professional, each person took about 20 minutes and they all asked if I have any questions for them.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your recent job?
Why do you think you can take on this position?
Why do you want to work at Newegg?
What's most challenging to you at your previous jobs?
What are the mistakes you have made from your last job?
  Answer Question

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newegg in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was approached by their internal headhunter for a product manager position. I was initially interested because of the strong brand name in the online world for electronics. I arrived and was taken to a meeting room where I was told I would be meeting with various directors. I believe I waited for about 10 minutes for the first person to interview me. She was nice and polite and overall it went okay. She left and said I will be meeting with another director. I waited for over 25 minutes for the second person and I was seriously thinking they forgot that I was in the meeting room. Finally the next person came in and he seems completely caught off guard. He said he was not planning on interviewing anyone today and that they pulled him unexpectedly to interview me and he had not had a chance to look at my resume. I met with 4 or 5 people total and each person asked me what position I was interviewing for. My impression was that they were completely unorganized. They had not prepared for the interview. I was very disappointed with the experience. Plus to top it all off, I asked each and everyone if they liked it and if they were happy at this company and none of them never gave me a straight answer. They dodged the question by answering that it was a very good company and if you pay your dues and work hard you eventually get compensated. I never heard the words, enjoy, happy, content, satisfied, fun place to work or anything to that effect.

In the end they determined I was a better fit in the marketing department/ecommerce but I declined to reschedule another interview with that department.

Interview Question – All the interview questions were for the most part straight forward i.e.. walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?, Why should we hire you? etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Newegg.

Interview Details – Spoke with the HR representative over the phone. They call at the most random times so I wish they would send an email first and schedule a time, rather than expect you to be free 24/7 to speak to them. HR asked the general questions, but it seemed like they wanted too much experience for an entry level job. I just wish they would have told me that I didn't get to the next step. It only takes 1 minute.

Interview Question – What is your salary expectation?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Newegg

Interview Details – Meet 4 people in one day. Background check mostly. Average interview experience. No case style questions.

Interview Question – How to create buzz.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Newegg in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had 3 separate interviews with 3 different people. it took almost 2 hours. first person I interviewed was the main boss. and then 2 other directors. I had to wait in the hallway for a bit and then I was led to a small conference room. then you just stay there until someone comes into interview you. and then they come in one by one. I would say each person took about 35min each.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here? questions about e-commerce & the industry. what would you do if you had capital to start a business? why should we hire you?   View Answer

Buyer/Merchandiser Interview

Buyer/Merchandiser
City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newegg.

Interview Details – The interview is really straight forward. 1st interview will be with the Director, if they like you the interview will continue to another Director than Category Managers for the department they are considering putting you in. Questions mainly on past experience. Standard background check.

Interview Question – Name five attributes, strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newegg

Worked for Newegg? Contribute to the Community!