Newegg Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Had 3 separate interviews with 3 different people. it took almost 2 hours. first person I interviewed was the main boss. and then 2 other directors. I had to wait in the hallway for a bit and then I was led to a small conference room. then you just stay there until someone comes into interview you. and then they come in one by one. I would say each person took about 35min each.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? questions about e-commerce & the industry. what would you do if you had capital to start a business? why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Buyer/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

The interview is really straight forward. 1st interview will be with the Director, if they like you the interview will continue to another Director than Category Managers for the department they are considering putting you in. Questions mainly on past experience. Standard background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

they have different people to interview but they are all late for the interview so i have to wait. in the end, they asked me if im a citizen, and i said yes, then they ask me to prove it....

Merchandiser/Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newegg in May 2013.

Interview

Got a call and email from HR to confirm the interview. Based on the email, the interview will last 5 hours and interviewers are 5 people from different functions. Went to the interview, talked to HR first, whose English is barely understandable. HR went out, 4 people interviewed me, every one of them warned me it is a fast paced working environment and very challenging business model. Then I waited for 30 mins for the last people to interview me, HR finally remembered, came in, apologized, said the person is having meetings and I need to come over the next day. The next day, interviewed with 3 people, answered some random questions and looks like pretty much all the employees are Chinese.

The interview process is very unprofessional, it is the most unprofessional interview experience I've had in my career life.

And the end, they didn't offer me and they couldn't tell me the reason, and they verbally confirmed they want someone who is committed........

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Feels like none of the interviewers know they are going to interview you, when they walk in the meeting room and look at you, they then look at the resume for the first time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

After 3-4 days I submitted my resume to Newegg, the HR called me up and arrange the interview. The interview took about 2h. I met with director or manger of different purchasing department. They all asked about same questions: such as 1.Why do you leave your current employer. 2. what is the most challenging in your career etc

Interview Questions

the salary does not meet my inquiry

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newegg (Whittier, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Got a call an hour after I submitted application. Called me and set up an interview for 2 days from then.
    Interview was 2 people at one time, each person taking turns asking a question. Used my name a lot, which I liked.

If you get chosen to move up in the hiring process, you are to take a 4 part test. Testing your listening skills, etiquette, spelling and grammar, and a sample email.
    I found it difficult simply because I tend to get SUPER nervous and don't do well on tests when nervous.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel going from a supervisor position, telling people what to do, to a non supervisor position being told what to do.   Answer Question
    • In a 5 month period, how many days do you feel it is appropriate to miss work due to illness, emergency, or the occasional personal day.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had differences with a boss. What did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was told "The pay is 11/hr. There is no negotiation for this"

Purchasing Administrator Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

-Online profile creation and submission.
    -Online Resume submission.
    -Brief phone interview with recruiter.
    -In-House interview scheduling.
    -In-house interview: 1:1 or 2:1 - between 5 to 6 interviewers
    -Counteroffer may take place
    -More counteroffer may take place.
    -Orientation and First Day

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In-house recruiter sends out offer letter, then countered, re-countered, and accepted.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter was friendly and did her screening of me. After the screening, she passed along my info to the design lead. After that, the design lead contacted me and asked about my work. After that, the recruiter contacted me again to set up an in-person interview.

The interview was fairly simple. I met with two senior designers and talked about what I'm capable of and what Newegg needed. The questions weren't too difficult, but they were appropriate for the job I was applying for. They asked about basic skills, how I handled projects, and other work-related questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my skills, what projects I've worked on, how comfortable I am in a fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

It took me 5 hours (2 - 7pm) with different 10 peoples. It is terrible exp. Few of them are professional. Most of them will ask you same question like any other places. Their HR dept. is really disappointed. I even heard they report to company owner (Fred) that they only confirm 3 people of 60+ peoples interview in past 3 months. What a joke! He even said they keep rest as backup choice and won't give feedback. I am really glad they didn't give me offer.
    One more funniest thing is the last HR person even said he had to finish all paperwork of my interview when the time is over 7:00pm. Otherwise, I had to go back in next day. He was doing me a favor. haha!!

Interview Questions

• None. Just treat as a game   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I originally applied for a position that had just been filled. The recruiter liked my resume so kept it and said he'd contact me if there was something he'd think i'd be good for. After weeks of calling back and forth we kind of lost contact. Then 2-3 weeks later the recruiter contacted me about a new position he felt i'd be good for because of my background. I told him i was interested and he submitted my resume and got me an interview a couple days later.

They were willing to work around my schedule a little because i was currently working for another company. I was interviewed by the category manager and a director one right after the other. The questions were standard at first, "why do you want to work here" "why should we hire you," Then started to get into specifics. "if you worked here in this category, which vendor would you target?" I answered all the questions as best as i could and they were impressed. A week later i got called for a 2nd interview with another director. He would make the final decision. He asked similar question and threw in some senario questions, what would you do if... kind of questions. I sounded confident in all my responses, made sure i didn't stutter, and took a second to gather myself before just talking out of my ass. My recruiter called me 30 mins after the interview and said i got a verbal offer.

Background check took 3-4 days and then got my written offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart form other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase. My recruiter told me to just say i was open, and he would try to get me what i wanted. But the interviewer wanted me to give him a number. So instead of saying one number i gave him a range and gauged his reaction. He reacted like it was a reasonable range. \

During the 2nd interview i was asked what i was looking to make again and i gave him the higher number in he range i gave in the 1st interview. He nodded like it was reasonable.

I then got a called 30 mins after the 2nd interview and was offered more than i originally asked for.

I would give a range between 3-4k and see how they react