Newegg Merchandiser Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I originally applied for a position that had just been filled. The recruiter liked my resume so kept it and said he'd contact me if there was something he'd think i'd be good for. After weeks of calling back and forth we kind of lost contact. Then 2-3 weeks later the recruiter contacted me about a new position he felt i'd be good for because of my background. I told him i was interested and he submitted my resume and got me an interview a couple days later.

They were willing to work around my schedule a little because i was currently working for another company. I was interviewed by the category manager and a director one right after the other. The questions were standard at first, "why do you want to work here" "why should we hire you," Then started to get into specifics. "if you worked here in this category, which vendor would you target?" I answered all the questions as best as i could and they were impressed. A week later i got called for a 2nd interview with another director. He would make the final decision. He asked similar question and threw in some senario questions, what would you do if... kind of questions. I sounded confident in all my responses, made sure i didn't stutter, and took a second to gather myself before just talking out of my ass. My recruiter called me 30 mins after the interview and said i got a verbal offer.

Background check took 3-4 days and then got my written offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart form other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase. My recruiter told me to just say i was open, and he would try to get me what i wanted. But the interviewer wanted me to give him a number. So instead of saying one number i gave him a range and gauged his reaction. He reacted like it was a reasonable range. \

During the 2nd interview i was asked what i was looking to make again and i gave him the higher number in he range i gave in the 1st interview. He nodded like it was reasonable.

I then got a called 30 mins after the 2nd interview and was offered more than i originally asked for.

I would give a range between 3-4k and see how they react