Newegg

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Management Role Interview

City of Industry, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newegg in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call from hr lasted 45 minutes and contained no info about the job. The position would have required a relocation, so the bulk of the initial call was recruiter trying to pitch me on southern Cal living. I hate it when the first question for me is salary, but in the case of this interview, it looked like the question would save everyone from wasting each others' time. I provided my salary requirements for such a move, and was informed that I was just outside the upper end of the range for the job. I was encouraged to lower my requirements. I thanked the recruiter for his time and wished him luck in his search. 2 weeks later, I get another call from them again focusing on salary and how I should temper my expectations. All questions about the job were deferred, but the recruiter kept coming back to the phrase "we want to reward your talent, let me see what I can do". At this point, I'm pretty uninterested in the role since I don't know what it is exactly, and the CA cost of living is prohibitive for the range they were trying to push me to. I didn't hear from them again for a month and figured that they had moved on. This time, they wanted me to meet with the hiring manager. I said yes, I was interested in finding out about the role, but I wanted to be respectful of everyone's time and not go through the motions if the role isn't going to pay what I would require. I was assured that the C levels of the company wanted to meet with me and if I was the right fit, they'd make the salary fit. I spent 2 weeks trying to schedule the interview with the recruiter, who insisted on communicating via SMS. Finally the phone interview was scheduled with what was supposed to be a panel of managers. When I was called (at a different number than I had requested), it was a different recruiter with no explanation as to why the interview had changed. I decided at that point that I was not interested in continuing the process as this company had been very unprofessional and was wasting my time. The final call was almost 2 hours, where I was asked to walk through my résumé and then finally was given a description of the job. I didn't feel the job was the best fit of my abilities and the recruiter asked if the hiring manager could speak to me because he wasn't properly representing the role. I said if the manager wanted to call me directly, I'd take the call. Never heard from them again. Not a single question was asked beyond the standard job history questions were asked.The level of professionalism of this company for such a senior role was surprising.

Interview Question – Not a single question asked after several hours spent on "phone interviews"   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Newegg

Worked for Newegg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newegg Senior Management Role interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Newegg employees and interview candidates.