Newegg

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newegg in April 2009.

I interviewed with two different people. The Help Desk Manager and the Director. The interview with the Manager went fine, problems were with the Director. Everything with the director went downhill when he brought up pay. I'm Chinese so I should have seen this coming from a Chinese company. They were looking to low ball whomever they offered the position to. They had an idea of my background and experience so they should not have been a surprised at what I was looking for....which was around market rate (I gave a range). When salary was brought up and it was obvious we were far apart, the interviewer began to try and pick apart my resume. He was commenting (in a condescending tone) on how I didn't have certain certifications or experience in certain areas.....but if I did have what he supposedly was looking for he was still going to offer that bogus salary?

Interview Questions
  • If we called your previous boss, what would he/she say about you?   Answer Question