Newell Rubbermaid

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

Sales (Retail) Interview

Sales (Retail)
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Interview Details – My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Brand Management Intern Interview

Brand Management Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through my school career site. Interview Process took a few months. First round was conducted on campus with HR staff. Second round was a super-day at their Atlanta office. The questions were standard behavioral marketing questions- describe a time you worked on a team that was difficult, what is your greatest strength/weakness. Received offer over the phone a few weeks after super day.

Interview Question – All standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Interview Details – Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Question – After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter and then was screened in a phone interview by the recruiter. I was later contacted by the recruiter to setup face to face interviews within the department. I spent half the day interviewing with 5-6 members of the department individually and had a couple of interviews with 2-3 people at the same time. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but some of the interviews ran over. I was contacted a week later with an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Standard questions related to the position and my work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated additional vacation. The salary was not very flexible.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Interview Details – Newell Rubbermaid has a common process and were very accommodating to me while we were interviewing. There were phone interviews with the program leader and HR before you get the invite for the final round interview in Atlanta, which is with a group of the other candidates. There was a short group presentation that we put together on the spot to show the panel how we worked together and could process material. Then there were three one on one interviews throughout the afternoon. Everyone was very pleasant and nothing was out of the ordinary or too crazy.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Question – A lot of personal questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Questions about working in groups/group dynamics   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening wtih HR -- then with Hiring manager. If you pass plan for a full day meeting with several cross functional people individually. No set interview guide just whatever the individual person wants to ask. Using STAR format is always a plus as is # for past results. no business case, no teaser, periodic behavioral again all depends on the person -- no standard. slow process.

Interview Question – when was a time you were creative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy. pushed for more $$ and accepted a little lower than i asked. THey are willing to do 1 additional vacation week.

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!