Newell Rubbermaid

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.8

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions
    • After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2008.

I had multiple phone interviews with different people- it started with people in human resources and then the later interviews were with people in the division I was applying for. After about 5 phone interviews I had a day of job shadowing and a final one-on-one interview. Very positive experience, asked a lot of questions about my resume and the normal interview questions that you expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    no, salary was offered and I accepted.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2011.

The recruiters hold information sessions where brand managers speak about their division and marketing strategy. These brand managers may also give these presentations at marketing classes at their alma mater. Ultimately, the brand managers who attended your university are the ones who interview you.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in August 2008.

Phone interview with HR. F2F with HR and hiring manager

Interview Questions
    They will move if you go a few more money

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2012.

I was contacted by a Newell Rubbermaid recruiter through LinkedIn regarding the position. I wasn't actively looking for a new job but the opportunity seemed like a good one and the company sounded like it would be a place to expand and grow. We had an initial phone interview to just go over the basics of the position along with my experience and we both decided to move forward. The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager (VP) which again when pretty well. There was a third phone interview with another VP and that was another good conversation. After a couple of weeks I was asked to come to Atlanta for a set of 4 in-person interviews. Each was an hour long with each of the department VPs (two of which I had spoken with on the phone) and went over what issues they were having and how I might be able to help them. I thought they all went really well. The office seemed brand new and was in a very nice location. Everyone was extremely nice and I had a really good feeling.

Interview Questions
    • How were you able to train everyone on the new process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Newell Rubbermaid has a common process and were very accommodating to me while we were interviewing. There were phone interviews with the program leader and HR before you get the invite for the final round interview in Atlanta, which is with a group of the other candidates. There was a short group presentation that we put together on the spot to show the panel how we worked together and could process material. Then there were three one on one interviews throughout the afternoon. Everyone was very pleasant and nothing was out of the ordinary or too crazy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter and then was screened in a phone interview by the recruiter. I was later contacted by the recruiter to setup face to face interviews within the department. I spent half the day interviewing with 5-6 members of the department individually and had a couple of interviews with 2-3 people at the same time. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but some of the interviews ran over. I was contacted a week later with an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions related to the position and my work experience.   Answer Question
    I negotiated additional vacation. The salary was not very flexible.

ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2008.

I posted my resume online at several sites. I received an e-mail invitation from Newell Rubbermaid’s IT HR to fill out an application on their site, which I did. I was contacted by the SAP Teams HR representative and was impressed by her knowledge of the position they were filling.
    She set up for me to do all the interviews on the same day. I was asked to take a drug test that involved the cutting of some hair. About a week later I received an offer, I countered and we came to an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard because I prepared for them.   View Answer
    They would not negotiate leave time, but did negotiate salary. Telecommuting is dependent on your Director and Manager and I was informed upfront that the ABAP team is not allowed to Telecommute on a regular bases. I have been very pleased to find they were extremely honest in every thing they told me.