Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.9

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions

• After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

5 different interviews, 30 minutes a piece. Different interviewers each time, very conversational and personable. Ran into one of my interviewers at HQ at the final round of interviews, and he remembered my name and asked about relevant topics we discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational "what would you do if" questions   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We're glad that you decided to join us for your internship! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

The recruiters hold information sessions where brand managers speak about their division and marketing strategy. These brand managers may also give these presentations at marketing classes at their alma mater. Ultimately, the brand managers who attended your university are the ones who interview you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you motivated others.   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews with different people- it started with people in human resources and then the later interviews were with people in the division I was applying for. After about 5 phone interviews I had a day of job shadowing and a final one-on-one interview. Very positive experience, asked a lot of questions about my resume and the normal interview questions that you expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, salary was offered and I accepted.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviewers. The first half hour was with one interviewer, and the second half hour with two. I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel like I was being held under a microscope. They were responsive and gave me good feedback. Overall, I would say I had a successful interview and would encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to campus to Interview a good number of people. Two thirty minute interviews back to to back with people in different positions. Very pleasant to talk to and didn't make it seem like a scary process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my favorite marketing campaign was as well as general interview questions like my strengths and when I solved a problem and have made a big decision, etc. They were mainly personality based, trying to see how you think.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

I posted my resume online at several sites. I received an e-mail invitation from Newell Rubbermaid’s IT HR to fill out an application on their site, which I did. I was contacted by the SAP Teams HR representative and was impressed by her knowledge of the position they were filling. She set up for me to do all the interviews on the same day. I was asked to take a drug test that involved the cutting of some hair. About a week later I received an offer, I countered and we came to an agreement.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard because I prepared for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They would not negotiate leave time, but did negotiate salary. Telecommuting is dependent on your Director and Manager and I was informed upfront that the ABAP team is not allowed to Telecommute on a regular bases. I have been very pleased to find they were extremely honest in every thing they told me.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process changed constantly. I was expecting to interview with one person and actually met with another. Very unorganized.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for Sr. Level Sales Management role, consisting of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 in person interview in Atlanta. Nice atmosphere, offices, overall attractive looking culture. Ultimately, I was overqualified for the position and eliminated from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Describe the ideal process for eliminating poor performers from your team.   Answer Question