Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

went very well

Interview Questions

• how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone screening wtih HR -- then with Hiring manager. If you pass plan for a full day meeting with several cross functional people individually. No set interview guide just whatever the individual person wants to ask. Using STAR format is always a plus as is # for past results. no business case, no teaser, periodic behavioral again all depends on the person -- no standard. slow process.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you were creative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy. pushed for more $$ and accepted a little lower than i asked. THey are willing to do 1 additional vacation week.

Senior Consumer Isnights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2007.

Interview

half day interview
    presented offer 2 weeks following interview
    There was room for negoiating compensation package

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Dec 10, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through a temp agency as well as with the client. Most of the questions were non-scripted, and some were. The ones that were script were original that I have never heard, which made it interesting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions were related to the job to see if my experience fit the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took them a week to get back with me but it was well worth it.

Jan 6, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

three 30 minute interviews with different people. there was a phone interview followed by the on site interviews. The process took a little while but was no bad. Notification afterwards was pretty quick and the people their were really friendly and willing to guide you if you have the desire to work.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, interview is very casually so you need to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was an internship, but you should always try to negotiate.

Jun 9, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join us for your internship and hope that you are enjoying your internship experience so far!

Assistant Manager, CMI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick phone screen followed by a phone interview with my to-be supervisor, overall both were relatively easy and focused on experience and skill sets relevant to the position and company. All questions of mine were answered thoroughly and I felt like I had learned a great deal about Newell just from the interview.

This was followed up a couple of weeks later with 4, back-to-back in person interviews that lasted roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was friendly and I never felt intimidated, however I could sense that everyone that sat down with me was serious about what they do. Questions again focused on experiences (slightly informal behavioral interview style) and skill sets, and a bit of talk about fit with company culture.

I was then invited about a week later to come in and take a small assessment that focused on making sure I wasn't completely lying about my qualifications (basic computer and math skills here), which was followed by a brief interview with an HR person about how I would fit with Newell.

Within 2 weeks I received a very fair offer.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 16, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the team! We are glad that you have decided to join us.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

First, I went through a phone interview with someone from HR. It was pretty simple and quick. A couple weeks later, I received an email to the office for an interview. The night before we all had dinner at Maggianos. There were about 50 of us students. The next morning we went through about 3 rounds of interviews. The total process took about 6 hours. I can't remember most of the questions anymore, but they were standard questions.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 26, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.