Newell Rubbermaid

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2009.

went very well

Interview Questions
    • how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   View Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2009.

Phone screening wtih HR -- then with Hiring manager. If you pass plan for a full day meeting with several cross functional people individually. No set interview guide just whatever the individual person wants to ask. Using STAR format is always a plus as is # for past results. no business case, no teaser, periodic behavioral again all depends on the person -- no standard. slow process.

Interview Questions
    easy. pushed for more $$ and accepted a little lower than i asked. THey are willing to do 1 additional vacation week.

Senior Consumer Isnights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2007.

half day interview
    presented offer 2 weeks following interview
    There was room for negoiating compensation package

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Brand Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in September 2013.

Applied online through my school career site. Interview Process took a few months. First round was conducted on campus with HR staff. Second round was a super-day at their Atlanta office. The questions were standard behavioral marketing questions- describe a time you worked on a team that was difficult, what is your greatest strength/weakness. Received offer over the phone a few weeks after super day.

Sales (Retail) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2009.

Interviewed for Sr. Level Sales Management role, consisting of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 in person interview in Atlanta. Nice atmosphere, offices, overall attractive looking culture. Ultimately, I was overqualified for the position and eliminated from consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the ideal process for eliminating poor performers from your team.   Answer Question

ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2008.

I posted my resume online at several sites. I received an e-mail invitation from Newell Rubbermaid’s IT HR to fill out an application on their site, which I did. I was contacted by the SAP Teams HR representative and was impressed by her knowledge of the position they were filling.
    She set up for me to do all the interviews on the same day. I was asked to take a drug test that involved the cutting of some hair. About a week later I received an offer, I countered and we came to an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard because I prepared for them.   View Answer
    They would not negotiate leave time, but did negotiate salary. Telecommuting is dependent on your Director and Manager and I was informed upfront that the ABAP team is not allowed to Telecommute on a regular bases. I have been very pleased to find they were extremely honest in every thing they told me.