Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

5 different interviews, 30 minutes a piece. Different interviewers each time, very conversational and personable. Ran into one of my interviewers at HQ at the final round of interviews, and he remembered my name and asked about relevant topics we discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational "what would you do if" questions   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We're glad that you decided to join us for your internship! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on-site interviews (5 hours total). There were some 1 on 1's and group panel interviews. After the interviews, there was a walk through the office area, company store, and cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more about how the applicants interacts with the interviewers.   1 Answer

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We are glad that you decided to join us! Thank you for your review.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

First, I went through a phone interview with someone from HR. It was pretty simple and quick. A couple weeks later, I received an email to the office for an interview. The night before we all had dinner at Maggianos. There were about 50 of us students. The next morning we went through about 3 rounds of interviews. The total process took about 6 hours. I can't remember most of the questions anymore, but they were standard questions.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 26, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Assistant Manager, CMI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick phone screen followed by a phone interview with my to-be supervisor, overall both were relatively easy and focused on experience and skill sets relevant to the position and company. All questions of mine were answered thoroughly and I felt like I had learned a great deal about Newell just from the interview. This was followed up a couple of weeks later with 4, back-to-back in person interviews that lasted roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was friendly and I never felt intimidated, however I could sense that everyone that sat down with me was serious about what they do. Questions again focused on experiences (slightly informal behavioral interview style) and skill sets, and a bit of talk about fit with company culture. I was then invited about a week later to come in and take a small assessment that focused on making sure I wasn't completely lying about my qualifications (basic computer and math skills here), which was followed by a brief interview with an HR person about how I would fit with Newell. Within 2 weeks I received a very fair offer.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the team! We are glad that you have decided to join us.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

three 30 minute interviews with different people. there was a phone interview followed by the on site interviews. The process took a little while but was no bad. Notification afterwards was pretty quick and the people their were really friendly and willing to guide you if you have the desire to work.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, interview is very casually so you need to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was an internship, but you should always try to negotiate.

Jun 9, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join us for your internship and hope that you are enjoying your internship experience so far!

Account Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two, 20 minute- phone interviews /phone screenings with hiring manager and direct supervisor. Followed by three separate 30 minute- interviews at Newell Rubbermaid with hiring manager, direct supervisor and human resources.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Newell. Go over resume. Tell be about a time/situation when...   Answer Question

Jun 3, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to campus to Interview a good number of people. Two thirty minute interviews back to to back with people in different positions. Very pleasant to talk to and didn't make it seem like a scary process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my favorite marketing campaign was as well as general interview questions like my strengths and when I solved a problem and have made a big decision, etc. They were mainly personality based, trying to see how you think.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviewers. The first half hour was with one interviewer, and the second half hour with two. I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel like I was being held under a microscope. They were responsive and gave me good feedback. Overall, I would say I had a successful interview and would encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through a temp agency as well as with the client. Most of the questions were non-scripted, and some were. The ones that were script were original that I have never heard, which made it interesting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions were related to the job to see if my experience fit the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took them a week to get back with me but it was well worth it.

Jan 6, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!