Newell Rubbermaid

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cost Accountant Interview

Cost Accountant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line, six month latter received a call from the Talent Acquisition Department. After that I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager. I was subsequently called in for a series of one on one interviews. First interviewed with the CFO of the business unit, then had a lunch interview with the hiring manager and finally interviewed with the business unit H.R. manager. The company sent me an offer letter ten days latter which instructed me to please call them in response. I called and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – If you needed help from someone else, who told you, "I don't have the time or resources to help you." what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since the economy was so poor at the time, and I was dazzled by working environment, I felt I could not afford to negotiate. In hindsight, I regret not doing so. Definitely ask for three weeks of vacation and round your salary request up to the next 10k.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. They held an info session the night before to get an insight as to what the company does and what they plan on doing. The interview was the very next day, so I was able to meet with some people who work for the company and build a relationship. The interview was just like any other interview, wanted to see what leadership I've developed, if I had good communication skills, etc etc. Overall, it was pretty laid back and the people were great!

Interview Question – Can't remember question, but it was on the lines of "innovation" and "leadership." Basically, give an example of how you took a role of leadership and highlight how you were innovative about the decisions you had to make.   Answer Question

Business Banking Client Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with internal recruiter

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2009.

Interview Details – went very well

Interview Question – how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Sr. Level Sales Management role, consisting of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 in person interview in Atlanta. Nice atmosphere, offices, overall attractive looking culture. Ultimately, I was overqualified for the position and eliminated from consideration.

Interview Question – Describe the ideal process for eliminating poor performers from your team.   Answer Question

Senior Consumer Isnights Manager Interview

Senior Consumer Isnights Manager
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2007.

Interview Details – half day interview
presented offer 2 weeks following interview
There was room for negoiating compensation package

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Sales Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2008.

Interview Details – I had multiple phone interviews with different people- it started with people in human resources and then the later interviews were with people in the division I was applying for. After about 5 phone interviews I had a day of job shadowing and a final one-on-one interview. Very positive experience, asked a lot of questions about my resume and the normal interview questions that you expect.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, salary was offered and I accepted.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process changed constantly. I was expecting to interview with one person and actually met with another. Very unorganized.

Interview Questions

ABAP Developer Interview

ABAP Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2008.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online at several sites. I received an e-mail invitation from Newell Rubbermaid’s IT HR to fill out an application on their site, which I did. I was contacted by the SAP Teams HR representative and was impressed by her knowledge of the position they were filling.
She set up for me to do all the interviews on the same day. I was asked to take a drug test that involved the cutting of some hair. About a week later I received an offer, I countered and we came to an agreement.

Interview Question – The questions were not hard because I prepared for them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate leave time, but did negotiate salary. Telecommuting is dependent on your Director and Manager and I was informed upfront that the ABAP team is not allowed to Telecommute on a regular bases. I have been very pleased to find they were extremely honest in every thing they told me.