Newell Rubbermaid

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2013.

Submitted an application through company website - I did not include a cover letter. Received an email within 2-3 days from a company recruiter requesting a phone interview.
Phone Interview
Answered basic questions about my current role and why I was looking to leave my job. The recruiter also asked about my salary requirements. A second interview was then scheduled at the office.
In-person Interview
I was set to interview with two directors, a senior manager, an HR Manager and two other Finance Managers. One of the directors was not available on my interview day so I interviewed with 5 total (individually) for about 3.5 hours. No difficult questions. Basic interview stuff.

Interview Questions
Hiring Manager came halfway on salary requirements.

Other Interview Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2010.

This has got to be the one of the worse interview experiences I have ever had. The hiring manager was very rude and didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my resume. I am withdrawing from being under consideration for this job submission.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for so many positions within newell rubbermaid   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2011.

I got the interview through my university. Passed the first round interview, and the second round was at their headquarters. At the headquarters I had 3 1:1 interviews. Interview questions were situational.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2010.

The process was straight forward. I had 6 (30 min.) interviews. All of them were conversational and behavior based. The company had a lot of benefits and a great culture when I was hired. There has since been a restructuring and the company moral has declined significantly. Make sure you get to know your manager and the team you'll be working with or you can kiss your chances of pursuing higher education or training goodbye. The company is headed in a great direction but needs better strategic agility at the intermediate management levels.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Accepted the offer.