Newell Rubbermaid

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Question – Tell me what a V-Lookup is and how to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2012.

Interview Details – I initially submitted my resume through my college's career website. I also met with some recruiters at our fall career fair who flagged my resume for consideration. I was selected for an interview, attended a presentation. My interview consisted of talking to two people who worked in an nearby office for an hour.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would go about selling Christmas trees, from start to finish.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Question – Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Questions about working in groups/group dynamics   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. They held an info session the night before to get an insight as to what the company does and what they plan on doing. The interview was the very next day, so I was able to meet with some people who work for the company and build a relationship. The interview was just like any other interview, wanted to see what leadership I've developed, if I had good communication skills, etc etc. Overall, it was pretty laid back and the people were great!

Interview Question – Can't remember question, but it was on the lines of "innovation" and "leadership." Basically, give an example of how you took a role of leadership and highlight how you were innovative about the decisions you had to make.   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in August 2010.

Interview Details – Thought everything went well had first initial phone interview that basically went over what the job was all about, my resume and experience, salary expectations etc. Then said to apply online through the website. then 2 days later had another interview about the same as the first with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!