Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2011.

The most challenging interview I ever had

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2010.

This was an intense and through process. All references were verfiied. A hair test was used for the drug screen.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions
    • After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2011.

After applying online I had an initial phone screen that led to an interview with the hiring manager and his peers. The role required specific language skills and background in supply chain. Having explained that I meet all the requirement over the phone with direct question and answers. I was invited to participate in a face-to-face interview in 2 weeks. I spend a full day in the face-to-face interview and walked away with a good feeling. I followed up with HR 3 times over the next 2 weeks only to get a phone call from the hiring manager who I had to track down and ended up getting told that they are changing the focus of the role and are looking at new candidates. I would warn anyone to be careful with the lack of leadership and focus.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had a problem that you could not fix?   Answer Question

Toolroom Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mogadore, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mogadore, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2013.

Went through several interviewers in one day. First interview with two individuals for about 90 minutes, second was with one individual for about 90 minutes and the third was with 8 individuals and it lasted approx. 2 hours overall the process took 5 and half hours not including the two hour long phone interviews. One of the interviewers seemed not happy about having to hiring someone and that was difficult. The process went smoothly. I answered all questions and tests correctly, according to their HR they wanted more supervisory skills. I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Put a box in front of me containing about 30 misc. components and was asked to explain what they were and how they were used. Needless to say they were impressed I knew all of them. They indicated I was the first to know them all.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting, heard back about a month after. Asked to do a phone interview with a campus relations member in Georgia even though the internship was in MA. Interview consisted of a background screen and a description of the position. At the end of the interview they told me I was a great candidate and asked me to do a second interview with the HR Leader I would be working with. That second interview lasted about 35-40 minutes and consisted of typical behavioral questions, at the end of the interview they said I was a good fit and asked me to come in for an two hour in person interview. Before I hung up they said they would contact me to schedule it, but they failed to do so. I waited a week and then initiated my availability to which they finally replied that they would get back to me. A few days later they emailed me back and said the HR intern position was put on hold indefinitely, and I would not be moving forward in the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you didn't think you would gain anything from doing something, but ended up gaining a lot in the end.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2011.

The recruiters hold information sessions where brand managers speak about their division and marketing strategy. These brand managers may also give these presentations at marketing classes at their alma mater. Ultimately, the brand managers who attended your university are the ones who interview you.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2010.

Initial communication was with the HR Manager. Afterwards, I interviewed with the hiring manager, then a panel interview. It was organized well and quickly. It was a very long interview - four hours.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2011.

There were a few phone interviews with various people from the corporate office, and then from my supervisor. I also had to be drug tested (they cut a piece of my hair) and had a background check completed. It was a very thorough process, and at times it seemed like it was never going to end. I was doing phone interviews back and forth with all sorts of different people. I eventually was offered the job and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!