Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2010.

This was an intense and through process. All references were verfiied. A hair test was used for the drug screen.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2011.

The most challenging interview I ever had

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2011.

After applying online I had an initial phone screen that led to an interview with the hiring manager and his peers. The role required specific language skills and background in supply chain. Having explained that I meet all the requirement over the phone with direct question and answers. I was invited to participate in a face-to-face interview in 2 weeks. I spend a full day in the face-to-face interview and walked away with a good feeling. I followed up with HR 3 times over the next 2 weeks only to get a phone call from the hiring manager who I had to track down and ended up getting told that they are changing the focus of the role and are looking at new candidates. I would warn anyone to be careful with the lack of leadership and focus.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had a problem that you could not fix?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions
    • After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   View Answer

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

It was done as a panel interview, consisting of the maintenance manager, a planner and an electrician.

Interview Questions
    • They would ask technical questions and then see how far you could go in answering it. They tried to put a little pressure on you to see how you would react.   Answer Question

Toolroom Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mogadore, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mogadore, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2013.

Went through several interviewers in one day. First interview with two individuals for about 90 minutes, second was with one individual for about 90 minutes and the third was with 8 individuals and it lasted approx. 2 hours overall the process took 5 and half hours not including the two hour long phone interviews. One of the interviewers seemed not happy about having to hiring someone and that was difficult. The process went smoothly. I answered all questions and tests correctly, according to their HR they wanted more supervisory skills. I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Put a box in front of me containing about 30 misc. components and was asked to explain what they were and how they were used. Needless to say they were impressed I knew all of them. They indicated I was the first to know them all.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2011.

The recruiters hold information sessions where brand managers speak about their division and marketing strategy. These brand managers may also give these presentations at marketing classes at their alma mater. Ultimately, the brand managers who attended your university are the ones who interview you.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2011.

There were a few phone interviews with various people from the corporate office, and then from my supervisor. I also had to be drug tested (they cut a piece of my hair) and had a background check completed. It was a very thorough process, and at times it seemed like it was never going to end. I was doing phone interviews back and forth with all sorts of different people. I eventually was offered the job and accepted the position.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2008.

Very detailed questions. The people were friendly, the office was fun and upbeat. Cubicals to incourage group thinking to solve problems. The company was very orgainized. All interviews started on time. Offered refreshments. Picked me up and drove me to the airport, I did not have to worry about a car.

Interview Questions
    • What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell of a time you failed. What did you do to fix the issues that caused you to fail and what was the overall outcome after applying those corrections?   Answer Question
    Moving exspense, more vacation up front.