Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

The process took approximately 4 months and met with quite a few people. It involved internal and external candidates but understood that they have a policy now to look at both and not just promote internally. I would certainly ask if there are internal candidates as part of the process and what roles they are in.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything too difficult - mostly standard.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question
    Called with an offer and emailed the terms

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2012.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Standard procedure telling about background and asking on the job. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and conversation ending that they would be in touch for next steps. Never heard anything regarding the position again. Would have been nice to receive a letter confirming I was not being considered for the role.

Interview Questions
    • None very basic questions why you are looking to leave current position, what are you looking for in next role, strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Questions
    • The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Sales Internship Interview

2 interviewers, 30 minutes with each one

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

They are very friendly and most informative

n/a

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2009.

went very well

Interview Questions
    • how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   View Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.