Newell Rubbermaid

Average Difficulty
83 candidate interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – The process took approximately 4 months and met with quite a few people. It involved internal and external candidates but understood that they have a policy now to look at both and not just promote internally. I would certainly ask if there are internal candidates as part of the process and what roles they are in.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything too difficult - mostly standard.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

Interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

Assistant Channel Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Called with an offer and emailed the terms

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter. Standard procedure telling about background and asking on the job. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and conversation ending that they would be in touch for next steps. Never heard anything regarding the position again. Would have been nice to receive a letter confirming I was not being considered for the role.

Interview Question – None very basic questions why you are looking to leave current position, what are you looking for in next role, strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

Sales Internship

Interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid

Interview Details – 2 interviewers, 30 minutes with each one

Interview Question – mostly all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – They are very friendly and most informative

Interview Question – What do you know?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Question – The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Brand Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral and STAR questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Question – A lot of personal questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2009.

Interview Details – went very well

Interview Question – how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newell Rubbermaid

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!

Newell Rubbermaid Videos

Newell Rubbermaid – Why Work for Us?

It's an incredibly exciting time at Newell Rubbermaid. Our future is bright and our potential is unlimited. We are at a defining moment in our history - one that we are confident will shape who we are and how our story… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newell Rubbermaid interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Newell Rubbermaid employees and interview candidates.