Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

FSCM Research Specialist Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good. I had a great interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The interview was thorough. Once the job was offered and I was hired they did a background check and drug testing. Everything went smoothly and the transition was easy.

Aug 18, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear and welcome to the team!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through a temp agency as well as with the client. Most of the questions were non-scripted, and some were. The ones that were script were original that I have never heard, which made it interesting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions were related to the job to see if my experience fit the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took them a week to get back with me but it was well worth it.

Jan 6, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (East Longmeadow, MA).

Interview

It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2014.

Interview

Included a phone interview and then a follow up with four interviews in person. Questions included:
    Why do you want this job? Describe your process when you get a new project? Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague. What are you looking for in your next role? Describe a time when you worked in a group. What professional accomplishment are you most proud of? Tell me about a time you motivated others. Tell me about a time you successfully worked cross-functionally, without having direct management authority over the resources you were overseeing.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Aug 26, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in a career with Newell Rubbermaid. We hope you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

SAP Security Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

I was solicited with the internship during a diversity career fair at the University of Georgia by a recruiter. She emailed me the next day and I interviewed with her over the phone. This interview was very basic and behaviorally generic. A few days later, she scheduled a phone interview for me with the SAP Senior Manager from their Internal Audit department. This interview was a little less behavioral and we casually discussed my experiences and educational background with internal controls. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again for an office interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with an HR representative, the VP of Internal Audit, then again with the Senior Manager.
    I was contacted a few hours later when I returned to UGA with the offer for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group and a group member was being difficult.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Sales (Retail) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

They are very friendly and most informative

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a