Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Materials Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

This process took place so long ago that I really don't remember exactly how it went. I was referred by an employee which I believe helped with getting the initial interview. It seemed like i took a little while for them to get back to me after the interview process, but they finally did and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you decided to join our team!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to campus to Interview a good number of people. Two thirty minute interviews back to to back with people in different positions. Very pleasant to talk to and didn't make it seem like a scary process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my favorite marketing campaign was as well as general interview questions like my strengths and when I solved a problem and have made a big decision, etc. They were mainly personality based, trying to see how you think.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviewers. The first half hour was with one interviewer, and the second half hour with two. I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel like I was being held under a microscope. They were responsive and gave me good feedback. Overall, I would say I had a successful interview and would encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

Applied in December 2014, got a "Thank you, we are not selecting you" letter in February 2015. However, they are encouraging me to keep applying. Does it really takes two months to select one for a phone screen? Don't think I want to hear from them in the future.

Mar 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to learn more about Newell's internal candidate process from your HRBP. Additionally, our recruiters are functionally aligned, so feel free to reach out to ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

The interview was great, and the human resources person was very friendly and caring. She took the time to answer my questions about the company and also had the courtesy of emailing me right away when I was refereed by another employee

Interview Questions

• What could I contribute to the company? What am I looking for to get in the internship?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our intern class this summer!

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winchester, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen from a Talent Acquisition Manager. It then moves on to a phone interview with the hiring manager, he/she will tell you more about the position and dive into your background and relevant experience. Next is an in person interview with five team members at the location of the company. I met with the Director, two Sr. brand managers, HR representative and R&D manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we hope that you'll continue to pursue opportunities within Newell.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with company recruiter then onsite interview with HR manager and then interviews with several different design managers from different brands to understand where I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Your design process from start to finish pertaining to a project. Questions about yourself. Who are you? Are you an asset to the company? Explain your answer.   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our team!

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Dec 10, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

5 different interviews, 30 minutes a piece. Different interviewers each time, very conversational and personable. Ran into one of my interviewers at HQ at the final round of interviews, and he remembered my name and asked about relevant topics we discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational "what would you do if" questions   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We're glad that you decided to join us for your internship! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Account Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two, 20 minute- phone interviews /phone screenings with hiring manager and direct supervisor. Followed by three separate 30 minute- interviews at Newell Rubbermaid with hiring manager, direct supervisor and human resources.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Newell. Go over resume. Tell be about a time/situation when...   Answer Question

Jun 3, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.