Newell Rubbermaid

Updated Feb 23, 2015

SAP Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I was solicited with the internship during a diversity career fair at the University of Georgia by a recruiter. She emailed me the next day and I interviewed with her over the phone. This interview was very basic and behaviorally generic. A few days later, she scheduled a phone interview for me with the SAP Senior Manager from their Internal Audit department. This interview was a little less behavioral and we casually discussed my experiences and educational background with internal controls. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again for an office interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with an HR representative, the VP of Internal Audit, then again with the Senior Manager.
    I was contacted a few hours later when I returned to UGA with the offer for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group and a group member was being difficult.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Sales (Retail) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

They are very friendly and most informative

n/a

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

It was done as a panel interview, consisting of the maintenance manager, a planner and an electrician.

Interview Questions
    • They would ask technical questions and then see how far you could go in answering it. They tried to put a little pressure on you to see how you would react.   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

2 interviewers, 30 minutes with each one

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Questions
    • The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with team. Very corporate and structured, including form emails. The in person interview was solely to determine team and cultural fit.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2014.

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions
    • After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   View Answer